Splendide - type of detergent

Was wondering if anyone could tell us if it is okay to use regular laundry detergent in the combo Splendide? Thanks in advance. Charles and Ruth

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a Majestic and had a Splendid in our previous 5er. We have used Gain laundry detergent without issues for years.

jbeletti

A quote from Splendide (below) states that an HE (high-efficiency) detergent should be used. They make one and there are other brands out there too.

Here's a link to the detail on this from Splendide.

Jim

Splendide® Fabric Care
Like all HE (High Efficiency) laundry detergents, Splendide® Premium Laundry Powder (#1005) dissolves quickly in less water for better wash results in HE washers, but unlike similar brands Splendide's detergent is all-natural and includes built-in softeners and color-safe oxygen bleach so your fabrics come out incredibly clean and soft without using harsh chemicals that could harm delicate fabrics, sensitive skin or our environment.

jbeletti

The Spendide brand detergent comes with a measure cup. I have used a half measure per load and I have 1 half measure left from the original box. That is 5 seasons on one box :)

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Is that soap a good choice for the black tank with the calgon water softener combo? Was always curious which detergent to use in that black tank every 3 or 4 dumps..... of the the black tank. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. LOL

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Is that soap a good choice for the black tank with the calgon water softener combo? Was always curious which detergent to use in that black tank every 3 or 4 dumps..... of the the black tank. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. LOL
I know I could be wrong but I believe the washer water goes into the gray tank.Anyway,we have always used the Splendid detergent and get it from cw.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Sorry I meant to use in the toilet after a clean black tank as an additive in addition to the calgon which keeps the tank meters half way accurate. They call it the Geo method. Nothing to do with the washer/dryer. Sorry.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Any type of HE detergent will be fine...we use Walmart's Great Value...does the job!

FYI...this is true for ANY front loading washing machine...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've used Tide in the W/D without a problem. I think the Geo method calls for any powdered detergent, added with the Calgon powder. Most of last summer, with the rig stationary on site, I just added a cup or so of Calgon into the black tank (predissolved) and didn't use the Aqua-Chem. Worked just fine.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The Spendide brand detergent comes with a measure cup. I have used a half measure per load and I have 1 half measure left from the original box. That is 5 seasons on one box :)

Jim

Uh Beletti,

Just how often do you wash your underwear?

caissiel

We have been using Tide concentrated liquid detergent for the last 5 years. Use a spoonfull and it does a great job. We don't use any other soap but the best.

porthole

Retired
I use the Splendide detergent. Picked it up while in Elkhart. From what I have used so far I expect to get similar mileage as Jim B got.

BTW - where does everyone get Calgon"? I have yet to see it in a store.

Delaine and Lindy

We have always used the Splendide detergent and the results is very good. It is expensive but as stated we use just whats called for. Just a comment we used the Splendide W/D in our 5th wheel but went with the Whirlpool W/D when we ordered this time and the results have been great. The Dryer does a much better job and Delaine thinks that the Whirlpool is much quicker. The Washer has more settings, such as wrinkle release (?) just one example, I don't have a clue but she is very surprised at how well it works. However we never had a problem with our Splendide Ariston stackable. Just another idea for those who are planning on getting a W/D. GBY.....