Cyclone 3795 & 2nd A/C unit

F

Froggi

Wondering with the level of insulation offered in the Cyclone (excellent, btw), has anyone found it necessary to add the bedroom A/C unit to handle the really hot weather.

The dealer has quoted me just under $1k to install it and with the other options that I REALLY need (washer/dryer, ramp winch, hitch & brakes), I would like to think I can do without. Already wiped roof satellite off my list and solar is gone as well (at least for now).

Any help appreciated....heading to the dealer on Wed and if I really love the unit as much as I think I will, I'll be putting a deposit on it with delivery in 2 weeks. :eek:

jpmorgan37

Donna;
Get the 2nd A/C with the heat pump. When you are on the road and the temp is high or low, the two units make it a breeze to bring the coach to a comfortable temperature in a hurry. Besides, with the heat pump, you can use the campgrounds electric to heat in cooler weather instead of your propane @ $2.50 a gallon. Just my opinion.

John

F

Froggi

Thanks, John. If I add it, then I'll be sure to get the heat pump model. :)

jpmorgan37

Donna;
I don't know if you are considering them, but the dual pane windows are also a definite bonus to adding comfort to your coach. They help keep it cooler in summer, warmer in winter and considerably quieter when there is a lot of activity outside and you choose not to be involved.

John

Loco

Two AC unit a must in the south

I have a 2007 cyclone went to Fla for two weeks highs in the 95+ the ac worked over time to keep it at 75 degrees. I going to add another unit this winter for next year.

T

tgboyd

The second AC unit is a definite need for hotter climates. I would question putting in the heat pump however. That is a lot of money to spend when for $60 you can get two Holmes electric oscilatting space heaters from Home Depot or Lowes and have one for the bedroom and one for the living area. We use them at our fishing place down on the coast and they work great. They pull a lot of juice but if you are hooked up to electric it saves the propane.

If it is below freezing you need to have the furnace on anyway to keep the water pipes from freezing. You can get the temperature up with electric heaters and then let the furnace keep it there. Thats my two cents.

Get the 15k BTU Heat Pump for your main unit and definitely get the second one in the front bedroom. Just came out of Las Vegas and it was 110 degrees during the day. 'But its a DRY HEAT" they say. Whatever, it was stinking HOT. Had it not been for our second A/C, I would have never been able to get the temperature below 90 degrees. As it was we stayed around the 80 degree mark. Also, next time I end up in that kind of heat (never I hope) I will have rigged up some sort of sprayer that will spray down my condenser to keep it cool while running. Kinda like an open system thermo heat pump. It worked at our house in Florida! Open Range is offering to install a third unit over the garage but you have to alternate which one you have on at any given time.

jbeletti

Hey John,

Thanks for your post. You have resurrected a dead thread though - from 2006. Froggi (Donna) owns another brand of RV (KZ Escalade I think).

Happy camping.

Jim