New bighorn owners

jenlou

We are so excited about finally getting our Bighorn 3055.
It is so big and nice. Wow!

We had a weather delay a week ago. We traveled to Longmont, CO, to make the trade and sign the papers. We drove home to NW Kansas.

We were hoping to take it out this weekend, but, supposed to have 5-8 inches of snow tonight. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be 63-65 degrees. Then, corn harvest is starting soon.

I just know we will have some good weekends yet.......please!

Well, May will be here before we know it.

Don and Jennifer Krien

jimtoo

Hi Don and Jennifer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to help, if or when needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Bighorn 3055, that is what we have and just love it. Sorry you had some bad weather to delay your fun. But if you get in your new toy and come to South Texas,, we have lots of space and time to camp here.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jenlou

Thanks, Jim. Wish we could just head down to Texas.....but ,alas, we still farm and teach. Oh bother. Well, one of these days..........

jimtoo

Well,,, sounds like you two are involved in two of the most important things we have to do. That is feed the people and and teach children of our country. Hang in there, continue to do a good job, your time to relax and have fun will come. You will be rewarded.

Jim M

azbound

I know you will enjoy your new 3055, trust me retirement will come maybe not as soon as you want but it will come.

Enjoy the Road

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Congrats on your new 3055. My wife and I just bought one 2 weeks ago and it is now stored for the winter. It will be a long winter waiting for the good weather to come so we can use it. What a beautiful trailer.

Rick and Joanne

jenlou

Thank you

Thanks to all of you for the welcome and encouragement.

We had over and inch of rain and then 7 inches of very wet snow. It is beautiful, but the trees are really bent down low. School starts 2 hours later, but our electricity was going off and on.......

I filled several containers of water in case the juice goes off and set the candles and flashlights out. Don said I better hightail it to town-so he followed me in to the blacktop. Two janitors, a cook, and me.......so I thought I'd check my mail....

Have a great day.

Jennifer

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Welcome to the Heartland family and the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your BH come spring,.....or you could put it in the barn and set it up and try it out. When we got out BH in 2008 we got it late in the year and still wanted to take our maiden voyage so we went to a KOA about 2 hours from home in early December. the weathwer was cool but nice but a couple days into our weekend an Oklahoma ice storm developed and we ended or weekend driving back in it. It was fun but not as much fun as our next outing in warmer weather. However y'all have very important jobs to do and warm weather is on the not so distant horizon and good times come with it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Congrats on your 3055. We love ours too. We haven't given into winter yet as the weather here has been chilly at night but days are very mild. Just lucky really but we are happy to be able to extend the season a little bit. Good luck and welcome to the family!

rjr6150

Hi Don & Jennifer
First off welcome to the Heartland family. I'm sure you will enjoy your new home and make many enjoyable memories.
Now I hope you don't believe a word you neighbors with the 3670 tell you about the CO. chapter as we did allow them to join our rather select group. Not going to mention names as they can be very cunning.:D Would love to have you join us for the spring 2010 rally going to be held in Gunninson, CO.

4ever

Congrats on your new Bighorn. I know you will enjoy it very much. We love our 3410Re and can't wait for the next trip. Best of luck and enjoy.

Ted

deee2

Congrats on your new Bighorn... we have the 2009 3055 and LOVE it! We live in the Reno, NV area, but right now we're sitting backed up to Mission Bay in San Diego, CA... Beautiful, and super bike paths all around the bay and to the beach. This is our last trip this season, then it's home to winterize. SULK!!! This gets addictive, and retirement is awesome! ENJOY your new rig! :)

Welcome Don & Jennifer; Again welcome to the Heartland family and indeed it is. The Colorado Chapter is a great group. They even let Wyomingite's join the chapter, so a couple from Kansas won't matter. They sure know how to put on a rally; great food and making new friendships. Join us next spring in Gunnison for the spring rally. Take care and hope to see you in the future.

ceegee

Good for You

Don and Jen, we know you will love your new RV. We loved our 3055 but traded for a 3670 and now love it also. Hope you can make it to the Colorado Chapter Rally. They are good folks and are gracious to let us Kansans in. However, I would watch the RJR couple. Ha. Anyway, can't wait for spring. Look forward to camping with you this spring. -- Chet and Colleen