Stabilizing a 3200RL

Ankeney

I have a 2006 3200RL that I would like to stabilize a bit more. The rear 'jacks' are down and the front landing gear is extended quite a ways but the unit still seems to sway a bit. I know I'll never get rid of all the motion but I was wondering if the front 'rails' on the underside of the unit could be used to assist in stabilizing the unit - that is, will they bear some of the weight of the trailer ? If not, am I better off placing something under the front landing gear so that it doesn't extend as much ? Or is there something else I can do ? Thanks for your help,​
Dan

Dusty

Dan,

As a general rule, the less of the landing gear sticking out the more stable the trailer, but putting blocks under them isnt much better unless you use them big enough to be a stable base. You also might want to check out a tripod for the hitch pin. I got mine at Camping World for about $100.00
It still rocks a little but not nearly as much

Dusty

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Butch at RVs for Less told me to use the front legs to level the unit front to back and then lower the front about 1/2 inch. Then lower the rear stabilizer until you see the rear start to rise. Then raise the front the 1/2 inch that it was lowered. I have been doing this and I do not feel any instability.

Dusty

Rambler,

Well that one is a new one on me, but it makes sense. I will try that one my self. The DW is always complaining about it not being stable enough.

Thanks
Dusty

jpmorgan37

A few years ago, I used 6 inch blocks under my front legs so they wouldn't be extended so much. One afternoon while I was connecting, they came off the blocks and crushed both of the side rails on the bed of my truck. $3200 later I had new sides on my bed and I don't use any more than 1 1/2 inch blocks under my front legs. I do use a front stabilizer, block the wheels on both sides and putting pressure on the rear jacks, we have minimal movement in the coach. Keeping the tires from moving is the key. If you really want to keep it from moving, check this out: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1050&highlight=stabilizer Hope this helps.

John

Wild Wind

I use 12" square scraped of 3/4 plywood on the ground (make sure they are level and flat, no rocking), and about a 10" long, 6x6 blocks on the plywood under the jacks. Also make sure you block the tires, even if the ground is flat.
I also hook up wire harness plug so that I can lock the trailer brakes while unhooking and and attaching the trailer to the truck. I hauled horses for ver 20 years and I seen a few bent-up pick-up truck boxes, or trailers roll when attaching or unhooking.