Cable questions

MrBill

I have two satellite connections in the UDC but only find one satellite connector inside and that is in the bedroom. Is there suppose to be another one for the living room TV? Is the cable used sufficient for HD TV? Would it work to connect new RG6 cable to the existing cable and pull the new cable through? I've used the roof top antenna and campground cable connections with no problems but I can't get my Dish system to work. I have a 2008 Cyclone 3795. If anyone has gotten their outside dish to work with the factory cabling let me know how you did it.

2010augusta

Well on our Landmark we have 4 Sat hook-ups in the UDC, 2 are feeds from the roof top Sat Prep, 1 is the feed to the bedroom, and 1 is the feed to the enterainment center. So I would guess that on the Cyclone you either have no roof top prep, or 1 line is the prep and the other is the feed to the bed room.

The wiring works great for Satelitte TV. We have had no problem with the coax and HD.

davelinde

I thought that one Satellite connector in the UDC was the pre-wire to the roof and the other was the feed to the inside. If you put your satellite dish on the ground you can feed the UDC directly. If you install on the roof you would loop the UDC satellite connectors together.

TNT

We feed to the satellite connector on the right (facing the UDC) for the entertainment center straight to our dish on the ground. The one on the left from the ground if we want dish in the master bedroom or on the outside (located in basement storage). Don't know how one on the roof would work.

beasleyrl

Take a look at this diagram from Heartland. I ended up having to rewire mine to work for Directv as Heartland put splitters in the satellite wiring. Given the way Directv works, this would cause a short if you connect multiple receivers (I keep 2 in the rig). You may have the same problem with Dish.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Cyclone Coax layout.pdf
    240.2 KB · Views: 44