Supersprings input

Bobby A

Anyone have any input good or bad about the supersprings. Would like to hear from those that have them installed in the TV and how they like them. I have a 07 Dodge Mega cab 3500 6.7 CTD engine and single rear wheel, my horns nose sits a little low inside my truck bed and am considering this set up as apposed to air bags. Thanks in advance

lwmcguir

I have tried them all. Most of the different types of booster work to some degree. You have so much more flexibility with Air Booster and the on board compressor. It is the only way to go. You will get a better ride and save wear and tear on your Camper. Try an air fifth whee pin hitch as well. We have Air on the truck, pin, and axles now.

rick_debbie_gallant

Anyone have any input good or bad about the supersprings. Would like to hear from those that have them installed in the TV and how they like them. I have a 07 Dodge Mega cab 3500 6.7 CTD engine and single rear wheel, my horns nose sits a little low inside my truck bed and am considering this set up as apposed to air bags. Thanks in advance

Bob:

So does your rig set low in the bed because the pin box is not adjusted properly? Or do you have so much pin weight that it is overtaxing your springs? I measured the distance from two known points (i.e. between the top of the tire and the inner lip of the fender on my tv) while backed up the my Big Horn but not hooked up. Then hooked up fully and retracted my front landing gear. I was then able to add the proper amount of air pressure to bring my truck back to the original measurement before the fifth wheel was added. This gave me a nice level truck and level fifth wheel on both axels.. Do that help? BTW it took 70PSI to do this.

Bobby A

Bob:

So does your rig set low in the bed because the pin box is not adjusted properly? Or do you have so much pin weight that it is overtaxing your springs? I measured the distance from two known points (i.e. between the top of the tire and the inner lip of the fender on my tv) while backed up the my Big Horn but not hooked up. Then hooked up fully and retracted my front landing gear. I was then able to add the proper amount of air pressure to bring my truck back to the original measurement before the fifth wheel was added. This gave me a nice level truck and level fifth wheel on both axels.. Do that help? BTW it took 70PSI to do this.

Rick, I believe its the pin weight thats making my truck squat, as you notice while we were at the plant the other day. The guy over hear in Elkhart guarantees me that if I don't like the supersprings and they don't correct my problem he will give me my money back. He also sells the air system you have on your truck. Good to meet you and Debbie the other day. We are still in Elkhart, gonna stay till Sunday then head south. Safe travels to you guys.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm using the SuperSprings and like them. They leveled us right up. There are pros and cons to both systems - airbags or springs. Some say the springs make the ride harsher without the trailer. We haven't experienced that. As a matter of fact, DW thinks the truck rides better with the springs installed. I think it comes down to personal choice.

rick_debbie_gallant

Rick, I believe its the pin weight thats making my truck squat, as you notice while we were at the plant the other day. The guy over hear in Elkhart guarantees me that if I don't like the supersprings and they don't correct my problem he will give me my money back. He also sells the air system you have on your truck. Good to meet you and Debbie the other day. We are still in Elkhart, gonna stay till Sunday then head south. Safe travels to you guys.

You guys as well! I am really happy with the "air-lift 5000 with remote". On the way down here I was able to adjust the ride by either adding or dumping the air to get just right. "happy trails to you untill we meet again"! May your headwinds be light or your tailwinds be heavy!!:)

Bobby A

I'm using the SuperSprings and like them. They leveled us right up. There are pros and cons to both systems - airbags or springs. Some say the springs make the ride harsher without the trailer. We haven't experienced that. As a matter of fact, DW thinks the truck rides better with the springs installed. I think it comes down to personal choice.

I appreciate your input, any other info you can provide me in regards to the supersprings would be appreciated also.

boatto5er

I appreciate your input, any other info you can provide me in regards to the supersprings would be appreciated also.

Not a whole lot to add. They were installed in just a couple of hours. Can't tell they are there unless you look. They functionally give you the equivalent suspension of an F-350+. NOTE: It doesn't change the "official" GVRW of the truck. That, unfortunately, will be based on the manufacturers plate on the door frame. However, it does give you the payload of the F-350 (plus a little more). As you probably know, the factory F-250/350 are absolutely identical (frame, brakes, engine, transmission, etc) except for the rear springs.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Not a whole lot to add. They were installed in just a couple of hours. Can't tell they are there unless you look. They functionally give you the equivalent suspension of an F-350+. NOTE: It doesn't change the "official" GVRW of the truck. That, unfortunately, will be based on the manufacturers plate on the door frame. However, it does give you the payload of the F-350 (plus a little more). As you probably know, the factory F-250/350 are absolutely identical (frame, brakes, engine, transmission, etc) except for the rear springs.

Not exactly the same as the F350 dually has larger brakes and heavier springs. If they were the same there would be no need to have two different models.

boatto5er

[/color]
Not exactly the same as the F350 dually has larger brakes and heavier springs. If they were the same there would be no need to have two different models.

Jim, I think only the springs are different. on the SRW's. Dually's may have different rear brakes. No need to get into another discussion of this though - it's been beaten to death in other threads.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Agreed...just didn't want anyone getting misinfomation thinking they can tow 18000 safely with an F250.

Bobby A

O.K. thank you guys for your input, I think I will give the supersprings a try, after all, I can't beat the deal as I stated earlier. I would still like to hear from those that have them on there trucks though. Thanks

jnbhobe

[/color]
I think you should go check the part #'s The brakes are the same!!! The difference is the dual wheels and springs.:) Jon :)

lwmcguir

The trailer/camper is usually going to weight close to 2X what the TV weighs. Critical part is trailer brakes and control of them. Proper controller correctly wired and a good grounded system is a great start. Proper settings are next. If you can lock up your trailer brakes with the brake petal jammed hard you have got it. Usually want to temper it a bit from there based on roads and experience. My opinions. You cant expect the TV to stop the trailer, the trailer should stop itself.