Most Common Answers Needed

jimtoo

"Copied from another forum. Where someone copied from someone else."

After participating in this forum since 2005, I’ve come to the conclusion that there are really only 12 possible responses to any topic. The rest are all variations of the original twelve. So if you want to boost your status by being helpful, just pick one of these. I guarantee they’ll do the trick. I've been using them for years.

1 Sounds like a ground problem to me. I had the same problem and it turned out to be the ground.

2 You must be new to the forum. This issue has been thrashed to death so why don’t you just use the “search” option and save everybody a lot of grief.

3 Just spray on some W-D 40. That’ll do the trick.

4 Congratulations. We had one a couple of years ago and loved it.

5 If you had a diesel, you wouldn’t have that problem. If I were you…I’d trade in that pickup for a diesel. You’ll never go back.

6 I had one of those. It’s nothing but a piece of junk.

7 I’d sue the manufacturer and the dealer. That’ll get their attention.

8 Sound’s great. Maybe you could send us some photos.

9 My manual says to do just the opposite.

10 Once that happens…it’ll never work right. I’d think about getting a new one.

11 Click here.

12 I’d call the dealer if I were you.

13 Just add some caulking.

The above answers will cover almost any problem.:D

Jim M

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

I agree!

I am sure there are more, like:

Niceeeeeeeee, but let me show me mine.

are the tanks full/empty?

did you check the fuse/circut breaker?

Rick

Texas here we come!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

jimtoo

You know,,, maybe we could ask Jim B to set a "TROUBLES AND ANSWERS BY THE NUMBERS" thread. Then when someone posted a question we could just say "See answer #--" . Just think how much room it would save on the server and wear and tear on our fingers and key boards. And we could have the first part (See Answer # ) saved (control C ) so all we would need to do is paste (control V) it and type in the number.

Are we (I) getting lazy???:D

Jim M

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The one that really bothers me is number 2. I have seen it posted about that mean too. (Not here)

In my mind that sends a signal to the OP:
1) Dont bother us "experts" with your trivial little problems.
2)We already have enough members on this forum-Go away.
3)Your too new to post anything-again-Go away.

Being somewhat new to this forum, I have not found this here. As a matter of fact, I think the moderators do a good job welcoming everyone and most people are very patient when it comes to answering questions.

Forums would be very boring if everyone used the "search" and no one discussed anymore.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Forums would be very boring if everyone used the "search" and no one discussed anymore.

Besides, how could we pick on each other? That half the fun of the forum. At least it is to me. I love the friendly banter back and forth. I pick up a whole lot of information I could probably get by using the "search" button, but it wouldn't be half the fun it is now.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The one that really bothers me is number 2. I have seen it posted about that mean too. (Not here)

In my mind that sends a signal to the OP:
1) Dont bother us "experts" with your trivial little problems.
2)We already have enough members on this forum-Go away.
3)Your too new to post anything-again-Go away.

Being somewhat new to this forum, I have not found this here. As a matter of fact, I think the moderators do a good job welcoming everyone and most people are very patient when it comes to answering questions.

Bet I know EXACTLY which forum you're referring to...LOL!!! ;)

DMitch

I have taken some heat for the search function, I do try to use it but the search function really doesn't work well. Often when you search for a subject you will get 40-80 pages of results that are totally un-related. After you muddle through that much stuff and find nothing related a few times you kind of shy away from using it. That said this is a great forum and most people are more than willing to jump in and help someone.

All the best,

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Besides, how could we pick on each other?...I love the friendly banter back and forth...quote]

Not here! We don't like each other, so we're certainly not friendly! We're all about serious business and NO HORSEPLAY! :D See answer #10! Then see answer #7! :eek: