Rear window seal

Softballdad

How do you repair the rear window seal? Can I put some rtv in the .5 inch portion that came off the rear window and not worry about the window falling out, or leaking?

jimtoo

Hi softballdad,

It might help a lot if you could post a picture of your problem. That way folks would know for sure what your asking.

Jim M

Softballdad

This is the top right part of the rear window seal. It took me awhile to figure this out, I hope it's right.

Attachments

• rear window seal.jpg
    rear window seal.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 88

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would think you could cut the seal and reform it to the window with an appropriate dark colorered window seal/adhesive and then fill in the residual open area with the seal/adhesive and creat a watertight seal. Not familiar with a specific product, but I would be surprised if 3M doesn't have something that fills the bill.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
be sure to get it resealed as soon as possible. Ours had a leak (bad installation) and caused the wood framing to rot. Be sure you get it resealed good so you do have any issues. If still in warranty I would have the shop do it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Have you checked with Tim over at Chesapeake RV Solutions yet? I would at least get an estimate from him to fix it if you're not inclined to try it yourself.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Have you tried popping it back in with a large rubber mallet? I looks like a cover trim piece not the seal itself.

vangoes

Mine was doing that also and the repair is simple.....they showed me at the rally. Just pull it all the way out down the side, push it back up in place and press it back in. It will leave a short gap at the bottom due to the seal itself shrinking (thats was caused it to come loose). I actually felt a little stupid that it was so simple to put back in place!!!!!!!

Softballdad

Well, I got the window fixed. I tried to put the seal back in but it would pop out of the groove, so I cut it to get it to stay. Once it was in I used some window sealant in the gap to seal that area as well. Thanks for the assistance and all the ideas.