110 Power Problem

geeksrus

One leg of my 50amp power is not working.
My Surgeguard is showing both legs are active but some of the appliances aren't working on 110... fridge, microwave, duplex above sink, bedroom duplexes, etc. Others are working fine... fireplace, computer desk area, living area duplexes.
I checked the circuit breakers & fuses in the rig.
The GF duplex does not seem to be functioning so I took it out to get a replacement. I then checked the wires with a meter & got nothing as a read.
Any ideas on what I can do next?

Eh!

SmokeyBare

I would use a meter and start at the circuit breaker box... testing each leg coming into the box. Test each side of the main breaker. IF there is no power to one of those legs I would go out to the campground connection and slightly pull the plug out... keeping it connected and then using the meter... test there... each leg of the 50 amp plug. This should narrow down where the problem is located.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Aren't all three of the GF receptacles tied together. If one is tripped they are all dead.
Unless Heartland changed something, There is only one GFI outlet with 3 others after it on the same circuit. Is there a 30amp outlet in the pedestal? If you have a 30 to 50 adapter you could try that. If it works, you know it's the c'grounds issue.

caokgafamily

I had the same prob about a year ago. Have you be moving around ? Unplug the shore power to the camper, then take apart the outlet were the shore power twists on. That's were one of my wires came loose.

Steve

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Graham had same problem, found loose wire behind the female 50 amp recepticle not making connection all the time. If i turned the shore power male insert very slightly ,i would then have power to both legs. Tightened the wire connection and ....no more problems al

geeksrus

Thanks for your help!

Plugged in at a new RV Resort & all is working... must have been the pedastal at the other location.

Eh!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for your help!

Plugged in at a new RV Resort & all is working... must have been the pedastal at the other location.

Eh!

oh the benefits of the Progressive EG50 which check the continuity of the connections on the pedestal. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
geeks, in post number 1 you said that your Surgeguard was showing that both legs were active. As others have stated your may have a loose wire somewhere.............uh, in your Bighorn that is. A little bumping and jarring on the road may have caused the circuit to close and now it works again. I think it would be a good idea to check all the connections at the shore plug and breaker panel just to be on the safe side. A loose wire could cause sparks and, well you get the idea. Gluck.

Peace
Dave