entertainment system

lhetsler

AM radio

I tried several am indoor antennas without success. I think the receiver are not very good and most other brands I have owned have an exterior automotive type antenna.

Re: AM radio

I had my dealer install an exterior antenna on my 08 3055. Did not help. The reception on the am/fm radio is very poor to say the least.
I have owned 13 RV's so far during my lifetime and this unit is by far the worst as far as radio reception of any I have had. Heartland needs to address this problem. "When I recived the new 3055 and did the walk through with the dealer I could not beleive Heartland would put out a product with no antenna, just a wire that was supposed to act as a FM antenna.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: AM radio

Page 51 of the Samsung HT-X20 receiver says (in very small print) that the unit does not receive AM broadcasts. I don't remember the last time I actually listened to an AM station on any radio. But, for better FM reception, connect the receiver antenna in jack to the television cable via a 75-ohm splitter (read about this on these forums). Excellent FM reception over the funky little FM antenna on the side of the rig (if you have one).