Dinners for the East Coast Rally

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not taking a formal poll yet, just looking for some of your thoughts. We're thinking of having a "burgers and dogs" dinner the first night (already have some folks "volunteered" to cook:D). Everyone would just need to bring a side dish to share. For Sat night, I'm thing catered Bar-B-Que dinner if I can get it arranged (still need to check on cost, availability, etc). We could either go full catered or partial catered (just the meat) and we do the sides again. This will, of course, incur some costs. I'm hoping to cover some of it with "sponsorship" money, but we may need to have "contributions" from the attendees, perhaps $5 - $10 per person. I'm not really worried about the first night costs - I can cover that:eek:, but am concerned about the Sat night. What are your thoughts? Yes, no, don't care, maybe, questions????

currituck0209

GUS,
There is a BBQ Rest. in conjock, nc. that sells just BBQ or they sell package deals with trimmings. It is very good. its the Currituck BBQ its right on 168 headed south. on 168. Ill see if I can get some prices .

currituck 0209

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
That sounds good to us.We suggest to just buy the bbq and let the crowd bring the sides.

porthole

Retired
We've done some BBQs up here and on my bike trips. Usually worked out to be less the 20 per person for the BBQ people to do-supply everything.

Our prices have varied between 12 to 18.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I like the idea of the BBQ dinner. Not too particular on the rest. We can prepare a huge crockpot of baked beans (Carol makes some wicked baked beans) or we can pay a few extra bucks and let the caterer do it all. What ever the decision is, we are good with it.

also like the idea of burgers and dogs for Friday night.

Is it Spring yet? I gotta get down there are prepare for SouthernNights. What site are you on, so I know which site to tell the campground I just gotta have!!:D

Keith

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I like the idea of the BBQ dinner. Not too particular on the rest. We can prepare a huge crockpot of baked beans (Carol makes some wicked baked beans) or we can pay a few extra bucks and let the caterer do it all. What ever the decision is, we are good with it.

also like the idea of burgers and dogs for Friday night.

Is it Spring yet? I gotta get down there are prepare for SouthernNights. What site are you on, so I know which site to tell the campground I just gotta have!!:D

Keith

keith,

I posted on the other thread...if you would put your Santa glasses on you will find I am by the ocean. I am looking forward to you camping next to the dunes too.

Gus, I remember you saying something about feeling real bad about not doing lobster . Here is your chance to feel better again.:D

Jim & Harriet

still not sure if our vacation days will cover every rally - but as for food suggestions - the cater the bbq and bring the sides sounds like a good plan.