Bighorn 3055RL

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Over the weekend, I went to one of my local (Houston) Heartland dealers where I looked at a 3055RL. The first one we looked at blew me and the DW away with the storage in the kitchen, which included a slide out pantry beside the refrigerator. When I took some friends to look at our choice in trailers, I was sad to see that the pantry is gone now and small shelves are in it's place. Of course, the salesman was no help when I told him that I was merely looking and showing the new trailer to some friends. He could only say that he "guessed it was no longer available".

Has there been a design change, or is the pantry an option that I can order?

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
3055rl

Our 2006 3055rl has a slideout pantry next to the stove, under the counter. The way the fridge is a slideout pantry would not fit. Make sure the fridge door opens right handed, so you can get into it with the slide closed. Love our 3055rl

Wild Wind

3055 Pantry

The 3055 has always had a pantry with small triangler shelves on each side of the Ref. which is great for a small pantry. There is also the pull out wire pantry baskets under the counter next to the stove.
Heartland service changed the swing of our ref. also which makes for access to the ref. while traveling.
We love the layout of our 3055, quality is another thing.

arisce

Our BH RL 3600 also has a slide-out pantry next to the fridge. It is a solid wood slide-out, not the wire baskets. Is this the one you mean? The only problem I discovered is that if the unit is not level, the pantry can/will slide out. So you have to put something heavy in front of it to prevent this movement. (case of beer works great!)We solved this problem by putting additional catches at the top and bottom. We also added an extra shelf in the cupboard above the pantry. In our other 5th wh I had a pantry which was not a slide-out and I think I prefer that kind, even if we had to put in additional shelves. More shelf room I think. I put my goods into shoe boxes which fit nicely and kept everything neat and upright on the roads.

tinkers

Full timers
Wood Pantry Shelves

Our 3400RL had the big, heavy wooden shelves in the pantry also. They would not stay closed, we added extra closures, etc, but it kept pulling out of the top. Soooo, we had our dealer order the wire basket and hardware, and changed it over to the new style. ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

All they had to do was remove the wood shelves from the door, put hinges on the right side of the door, put in the wire basket & hardware. Took them less then an hour....cost about $90 plus labor, about $115 total, but as they say, happy camper......priceless!!! I now don't worry about it, don't have to block it with something, and it doesn't block the door to the bedroom when it's opened!!!

Pat Doyle
Big Horn 3400RL #455

arisce

Pat,
Do you not find that you lose storage space in each wire basket as they do not go right to the wall of the pantry. When I looked at models with wire baskets, I thought that I would lose a bit of storage space on every shelf/basket because there has to be clearance to slide the basket in and out. One dealer even told me not to bother getting this option. With the food in shoe boxes (2 per shelf) I just slide the front box out to get to the one in the back. May take a sec longer but I have the full shelf to store goods on. With the extra catches, the pantry did not slide out on our way home from Indiana. When we ever get our unit back from dealer, we will be going away to try it out and ensure all repairs were done properly so I will check on my pantry then to see if it still remains closed when travelling.

DCCC

Purchased an 07 3055RL and have loved it thus far. Nicely equipped and comfortable! Just need to figure out the roof mount satellite switches & wiring. They are a bit heavy too....