slide Leak

imchud

Hey Jim,
can you check to see what I could or should do about this with the factory........
Any ideas on my main slide water problem?? Mine leaks on the main slide, it soaks the carpet that runs under the slide from the front corner by the Frig, back about 4 to 5 feet to the front of the table and chairs... But mine only happens when the slide is closed, and it can't be from the tires kicking up rain because it was parked... It's wierd because it didn't do it all summer and now the last few times it rained and we open the slides the carpet was wet?? There is a 3/4" gap on the front side of the slide and on the back side you can't even get your fingers between the slide and wall. One of the problems is our dealer is out of business (Jim May) and we have it at a local general RV repair shop oked by Heartland. They told me the seals as far as they could see looked great, but now it back at their shop because it leaked again. I think the main slide may need adjusting but I'm thinking the factory may need to do it, to insure it's done correctly, what do you think?

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Water leaks are never fun... if this is a persistent issue and you are not far from the factory ,, I would take it to them... I have not had much experience in trailers but boat are similar and this leaks can be a bugger to find,,, the way we use to do on our boat is make up some water with food coloring and use different colors for each area until you locate the issue .. problem with this in trailers is it will most likely stain your carpet... no an issue on boats.. good luck Mike

jbeletti

Tom and Linda,

Water leaks can be pesky. I know little about them. Please contact our Customer Service department at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN ready when you call. Get the ball rolling with them and they should advise a course of action.

Jim

chris60

Is your rig level when parked? it is very important to get it level side to side, even a bit off will allow water to track along the high side & wick in. I speak form personal experience up here in the damp north west !

Chris