I40 closed

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Sunday morning around 3am,there was a major rock slide on I40 near mile marker 3,which is near the North Carolina,Tennessee,border.Both east and west bound lanes of I 40 are closed.They are expecting the highway to be closed for about 3 months.The suggested detour if you are west bound is I26 west to Johnson City,TN. and then I81 South back to I40.Here is a link to the story:http://www.wlos.com/.

MC9

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. We are leaving Wed the 28th for Greenville,SC from MI. and would have landed in the mess. Son just called and said for E. bound take 81 to 26 then our regular route. In those hills there is no shortcut you would want to take hauling a rig.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Wow, thanks for the heads-up. We are leaving Wed the 28th for Greenville,SC from MI. and would have landed in the mess. Son just called and said for E. bound take 81 to 26 then our regular route. In those hills there is no shortcut you would want to take hauling a rig.
I thought this info. might be of interest to some that are not from this area that might be traveling through.I just saw the rockslide on the news.It is a big mess.