Back on the Road with new Golden Gate

bking

I picked up our new Golden Gate last Thursday from Great Lakes RV Center in Elkhart, IN. I spent the night near the dealer to do my own inspection. After setting up, I noticed water dripping under the left side of the coach from in front of the tires forward to the end of the sewer hose storage. A pin hole leak in the ice maker line was the casue of the water. The leak was fixed by the dealer Friday morning. They fixed a few other minor things before I left for home Friday afternoon.

Friday night we loaded up and spent the extended 4th of July weekend unpacking and making sure there were no other problems. After setting up Saturday morning, I discovered the water leak had caused more problems. Where the water had dripped, the underbody liner has nearly pulled away from the hanger screws and the caulk around the black/grey tank drain where it comes out next to the hose storage is gone.

The pocket door had come loose of the far inside hanger. I was able to fix this myself. My wife discovered a several more minor problems that I had missed while in Elkhart. We'll be in touch with our dealer to get all of these addressed.

Overall, we are really pleased with the unit and the service we received from Rob, Gary and the rest of the staff at Great Lakes RV Center.

Happy travels.