Air Conditioner Will Not Shut Off

Fordsd250

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the Air Conditioner not shuting off? I have tried everything in the book, but the only way I could shut off the system was at the breaker. The remote would not work and the override buttons on the ceiling would not shut it off. Also, has anyone replaced the remote confort control with a wall mounted thermostat?:confused:

tinkers

Full timers
Our dealer replaced the remote with a wall thermostat a week after we purchased it a year ago. A/C was freezing up, etc, etc, the factory quit using them quite a while ago. Lots of a/c problems listed in this forum, read up on them and maybe print them up and take to your dealer for them to find out some of the fixes people are using. Our service manager was thrilled to find out about the "vent tent" fix. It took all summer last year and spring this year to get our a/c working properly. We are in St. Louis and it has been upper 90's and now works great!

tinkers

Full timers
No replacements as far as we know. They just disconnected the sensor up on the unit. Since then, our dealer has also replaced the a/c grill with a new type that Dometic sent out to them. The wall thermostat is soooo much better!!! Hope that is the answer for you.