Valance and Day/Night Shades

Two Hands

We have a replacement day/night shade which I would like to try to install in my 2007 Bighorn 3055RL. I did a search in an attempt to learn how this should be done. First I plugged in "valance and day/night shades." The first page of the results started with these two entries, "check u bolt torque" and "CY 3010 fresh water tank." The rest of the page had no entries any closer. Next I searched using "day/night shades" but came up with the same results. I don't know what I am doing wrong with the search so I must ask. Do I have to remove the valance to replace the day/night shade, and, if so, how is that done. And how is it done even if I don't have to remove the valance.

Last edited:

2010augusta

there is one screw in the lower inside corner of each "leg" of the valence and then 1,2,3,4,5, or 6 screws in the top of the valence, going into the ceiling or cabinet above the window. it is really very simple to remove them, as we have had all of ours off to recover the valence.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't know if you need this info, here's some on installing and/or restringing the shades. One thing I found with our valances and lammykins is if you bump them a bit too hard, the staples pull out and you have to use fabric glue to put them back together.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you grab the center of the day/night shade and tip it up you can get it loose as it just snaps into the bracket. The preferred method is to remove the valance to be able to get it. We removed all of our valances, removed all the day/night shades replaced them with Venetian blinds and curtains then replaced the valances. Time consuming but not difficult.

Two Hands

Thanks for the information. A friend of ours, who still speaks to us even though he owns a motor home (because he used to own a fifth wheel) was able to put up the new shade without removing the valance.

porthole

Retired
I did a search in an attempt to learn how this should be done. First I plugged in "valance and day/night shades." The first page of the results started with these two entries, "check u bolt torque" and "CY 3010 fresh water tank." The rest of the page had no entries any closer.

Try this.
After clicking the "search" button, click on the "advanced" tab.

Enter your search criteria and then click on the drop down list and change your search criteria to "search titles only".

That will give you results more in line with what you are looking for.