Going Thru Atlanta Southbound

Bobby A

We're heading thru Atlanta tommorow going southbound on 75, does anyone know if the I285 bypass has been effected by the flooding. Or do you know how we can find out that info. We don't like to drive right thru downtown Atlanta if we don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Try Georgia Dept of Transportation website. They have the latest road construction/condition.

Tom of Ypsi

Driven through and around Atlanta many times both towing and just the truck and I prefer going through the city. All the trucks use the 285 bypass and gets very congested. I prefer going through town after 9 am and before 3 pm.

Nell

Driven through and around Atlanta many times both towing and just the truck and I prefer going through the city. All the trucks use the 285 bypass and gets very congested. I prefer going through town after 9 am and before 3 pm.

I am from Atlanta and as far as the floods and 285 there is no problem.

For the most part I agree that you are better off taking 75 straight through town especially as you have the HOV lanes but I would say between 10 - 2. However there has been lots of construction lately so it's still best to check with the GADOT.

Bobby A

HI Guys, you were right, we hit Atlanta about 10am this morning, there was a little slow down for the people getting off to down town but not bad at all !! We seen the by pass and all the congestion and kept on going through the city. Good call guys. We are in a c/g in Jennings Fl. will be in our home c/g tomorrow around 1pm. Thanks again for the advise.