RW305 - Sewer Hose Storage

I recently purchased a 305RW. The storage compartment for the sewer hose is not large enough to store a 4" x 10' hose. Am I not seeing the real storage location or is this reality?

I too have recently purchased a 305.... I have been using one of the plastic storage boxes under the rear of the garage.... I have both of my 10' sections along with some extra fittings in there and have had no problems...:)

Jellystone

Sewer Hose Storage

In our RW 305, I put all of my "sewer stuff" in a big plastic square bucket and keep it in one of the outside storage boxes in the rear of the unit on the spare tire rail. One bit of caution on these outside storage boxes--when traveling down the road always put a bungee cord across both of them (i use a black one to make it kind of blend in). If you look closely at the release lever, one good bump (especially in Louisiana), can unlatch the whole project and the box is gone and next the spare tire will rattle it's way off etc. Just some preventatitve safety I do.

Thanks for the ideas on the back boxes. I am currently using these for leveling blocks/chocks ect. but have room for the hose. I;m still amazed they built the RW305 with out a storage place in mind.

D

dlpmx

I've got the rw395 with 1 1/2 baths and the 2 ft.sewer hose storage.I made a sewer hose with 2 10ft sections a Y and a 20 ft section.I have to keep it in the black box also.Has any one else drug your black boxes on the ground yet?One of the tracks I go to has a small dip to go through to get in.The owner fixed it after I almost tore the boxes and tire off.I've been looking for a way to move them closer to the wheels.

Dale

winger1955

I just took delivery on a 2011 Road Warrior 305 purchased from Gillettes. My unit has no storage compartments under the cargo area. The spare tire is under there but no compartments. The salesman at Gillettes is checking into it for me since both he and I thought it came with those. I have not found any place to store the sewer connection except in the crossover-over storage area (Not my preference).
Anybody got any comments on the 305 that will help a new owner?

Thanks,
Mike

porthole

Retired
I just took delivery on a 2011 Road Warrior 305 purchased from Gillettes. My unit has no storage compartments under the cargo area. The spare tire is under there but no compartments. The salesman at Gillettes is checking into it for me since both he and I thought it came with those. I have not found any place to store the sewer connection except in the crossover-over storage area (Not my preference).
Anybody got any comments on the 305 that will help a new owner?

Thanks,
Mike

Almost the same as a Cyclone 3010 fire away :D

I added a PVC sewer pipe under the back of the trailer.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4608&d=1249271883

That pipe is a commercially available item through Camping world and others.

I added a 2nd pipe made out of 4" PVC to store my flag pole.

Heartland stopped adding the under storage boxes mid year, in lieu of some other changes. They are available through Lippert though.

http://www.lci1.com/NewProducts/Flyers/Under Chassis Storage Flyer/LCI_UnderChassisStorageFlyer.pdf

I've never considered my pins to be less then secure on the storage bins.
I plan on adding a second one to the trailer also. Move the current one back and put a second right behind the axle.

winger1955

Porthole,

Thanks for the info. The PVC sewer line compartment is likely what I will do. I haven't had the chance to crawl under the cargo area and inspect but I wonder how the spare tire is accessed since the sliding compartments aren't there. Do you know what the cost is to purchase the compartments from the company mentioned in your reply?

Thanks for the very helpful info,
Mike

porthole

Retired
Porthole,

Thanks for the info. The PVC sewer line compartment is likely what I will do. I haven't had the chance to crawl under the cargo area and inspect but I wonder how the spare tire is accessed since the sliding compartments aren't there. Do you know what the cost is to purchase the compartments from the company mentioned in your reply?

Thanks for the very helpful info,
Mike

Mike - IIRC it is around 450 for the double bin and spare tire carrier.

You can get it with just the tire, 1 or 2 bins. Extra bins are around $100.