Water heaters?

sjarrell

Success through Design
Good day everyone, I have a question regarding the hot water heater. I own a 28BH with the 6gallon DSI. I was told by the dealer that it is best to use the heater on Gass? And that I should not use the electric option. My question is this.... how many of you use the electric mode? also besides hitting the switch on the Heater itself what do you do to use that option? Do you still need to turn on the switch near the waterpump and fuse box? Besides a slower recovery do you notice anything else? thanks in advance.

I asked because I went thru 2 30lb bottle this first season, mind you it was 28 days of camping and mostly cool weather with the heat on. MY wife likes to cook alot and Three of us were using the shower. but I have friends on season 3 with the same bottles and the only noticable difference is the hot water heater.

2010augusta

We use electric 99.99% of the time. Don't know if we have ever ran on just gas. Used both gas and electric a few times. We have no real issues with the recovery time but it is a 12 gallon unit. On ours there is a switch in the water heater and one on the control panel in the trailer, bit have to be on to use the electric.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Never had mine on propane...always on electric. Just remember - DO NOT TURN ON both switches without FIRST filling the tank. You'll burn out the element in a split second - just like a home water heater.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We use ours on electric if we are on 50 amp and not paying for electricity. We use propane only if we are on 30 amp or if we are paying the electricity. A word of caution. When using on electric, be sure your hot water heater is full BEFORE turning on the electric to it. If you do not you will burn out the heating element within seconds. To make sure it is full turn on the hot water faucet in the RV and get all of the air out of it. Do that to all of the faucets. Really have never run out of hot water either on propane or electric.