Audio Surround for TV

We will be wintering in our Landmark GC and I have a question about the Samsung TV/surround system. Whe we are just watching TV (no DVD, etc.) TV audio is all from the TV. Will it be a big deal to hook the TV up so that regular viewing can have the advantage of the surround speakers?
Thanks in advance!

2010augusta

not a big deal at all. We use an optical audio cable from the TV to the Surround receiver and then use the "D-in" function on the receiver.

DMitch

My BH came from the factory set up to do this. Check out the remote for the Surround Sound. I haven't done it for a couple months but I think it has to do with the souce. Anyway, if you fool with it I think it should work.

All the best,

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another option is a set of stereo patch cables (phono plugs). Plug one end into the audio out (red & white) connections on the back of your TV and the other end into the audio input on the Samsung receiver. Set the receiver to Aux. You might consider turning the TV speakers off through the menu on the TV and you can still increase the volume with either the TV or the Receiver remotes.

nemo45

not a big deal at all. We use an optical audio cable from the TV to the Surround receiver and then use the "D-in" function on the receiver.

Alan,

Maybe you can help me. I bought an optical cable and I cannot get the ends to go into the TV or the reciever. Is there a certain proceedure to install one? I really feel like a dummy.

Don

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
My Cyclone came with everything already installed for this. I set my stereo on AV1 and the TV sound comes through the speakers. :)

2010augusta

Alan,

Maybe you can help me. I bought an optical cable and I cannot get the ends to go into the TV or the reciever. Is there a certain proceedure to install one? I really feel like a dummy.

Don

Don, I felt like a real dummy with the optical cable too, but there are small protective caps that have to come off of each end. Then match up the flat side on the cable to the flat side on the device. hope this helps

Alan