water pump question

charliehorse

This is on a 2009 Sundance ..last trip I noticed when using house water & leaving pump switch on ..if you use no water after 2 or 3 or so hours the pumps will kick on for just a couple of seconds. I do not recall this on previous trips. Air in lines moving arround from prevous draining ? or leak somewhere? or "just the nature of the beast? I did not find any water leaks on a quick look arround. I do not see any drips inside or out. I have not checked the "inner plumbing" in the under belly. Thanks for your insights.

lhetsler

check valve

Mine has done that since it was new and for a year and a half. I checked everywhere carefully and there were no leaks of any kind. I decided to change the hot water tank check valve from the plastic one to a brass one because many have had trouble with the plastic one. I noticed that after I installed the new check valve and went camping for a whole week the pump did not come on for no reason. So, I assume that check valve was letting a little hot water back up into the tank and causing a slight reduction in pressure resulting in the pump coming on.

charliehorse

Turns out i had left the prerssure regulater screwed in to the cinty water inlet. Removed it, screwed on cap and no more pump kicking on .