half time died tonight

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We were baking biscuits in the oven tonight, for a tailgate breakfast in the morning, when the oven went dead. Outlet is hot. I unplugged the oven and am letting it cooldown. Is there a thermal cut off or fuse to check? I won't have time until later in the afternoon to pull it out.
We have baked seveal batches of biscuits.
I hope we can get this fixed soon, since we weren't going to pull home until Thanksgiving.

Ok plugged it back in later and it worked. Wife used it this morning again in convection mode and it worked foe a while then dies again, it did reset itself later. Still wondering what is going on with it.

Last edited:

HOSS

Three week ago our half time oven went out. It would come on and everything worked except would not heat anything. Unpluged it and waited couple hours and plugged it back in same thing, do everything but heat. Called Andie's RV Repair in Priceville, Al. and they said to bring it in and they would check it out. Took it in and they said it was dead, and that they had a new one. Checked out the warranty and was covered so brought the new one out and installed it and so far working great. It seems Apollo having a problem with these half time ovens.

HOSS

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
It does have a thermal overload switch, but the only time I've had it shut off was after microwaving several racks of bacon in a row. Hasn't done it again since (almost 2 years ago) , I'd say call Midwest sales and they can walk you through their diagnostic procedure. They've been great about helping and fixing problems.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
slmayor, we did several trays of biscuits, when it first died. The second time was we did only 2 batches and it went out again, then the next moring it did it after 1 batch.

I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

csalmons

I apologize for just now logging on to the forum. I have been off work for a few day's and not been able to get on here. If you haven't already called us regarding this issue, please do. Our tech can run through some things with you and we will find out what the problem is. There haven't been too many issues, but there are many many ovens out in different RV's, and things do break down sometimes. But, no worries, we will be happy to help you out. Thanks.