bathroom door locks

Elder1

After we picked up our 2011 3250ts we noticed that the pocket doors on the bathroom did not have a lock. Now this may not be a big deal to some but we have young grand kids that travel with us from time to time and we don't want any uh accidents to happen.

1) why do these doors not have a lock?
2) how do I install locks?

Was thinking of putting the old gate style on them but it does look a bit tacky on a brand new rig.

I would welcome any ideas.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Have a real serious talk with the grandkids. Tell them if the door is close and they open it they will get their bottoms spanked. Nah.. Grandparents spoil.. Just tell them the will not get any desert for the rest of the trip.

BC

Elder1

Thanks Alan
That looks like what I need. Now I just need to find some one to drill out the door to make it fit. Sigh, would have been much easier if Hartland would have done this right from the start.

Bobcat, good idea but kind of like closing the barn door after the horse got out.

smday

Most door lock sets come with a paper template that you tape to the door. Then use a drill with the proper hole saw and drill each side out. Other wise if you try to go thru from one side you risk the chance of blowing the wood out on the otherside. And for the latch hole use the recommended Spade bit size and also drill thru the template. The hole saw and bits you can get from Home Depot as well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Perhaps something like these may answer your problem. Possibly mount it in the same space as the existing "knobs" on the pocket doors.

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/door_pocket.php

I should have looked at Alan's first. His looks better. But as mentioned, installing a door latch is not a difficult job.

Thanks for the info, I have also been looking for a lock set for the past year, but could not find anything that will also look good ,I did not want to screw in a gate type latch either.
Thanks

rvn4fun

Locks

We just lock the bedroom door on our 3450TS. Then with the bathroom door locked there is no access from the bedroom side.

Boca_Shuffles

Jeez, all this because of over-active grandparents! Control yourselves!

Maybe the shock after the first time would be enough to avoid a second time!
:D:D:D:D:D