Door Improvement Suggestions

Elder1

1) I would like to see locks on the pocket doors in the bathroom.
2) Instead of the according door in the bedroom use a bi fold door
3) On all outside doors use the piano style hinge.

Thanks, may have more latter hehe

SilverRhino

The accordion door is not the issue........it's the "peg" that is screwed into the curved wall to keep it closed. Putting a catch for anything by screwing it into thin plywood is not good idea!

Just my opinion

Travel Safe!

kseagle

B/R Door

The latest 2011 BC 3250TS has a solid door (with glass inserts) in place of the accordion door into the bed room. Even though we have a 2011, we did not get the solid door. I wonder how hard (and $$$) it would be to retrofit the solid door?? Karen

I purchased a 2011 3250TS in dec. and as part of the deal ( i am sure i paid for it somewhere) the dealer is going to remove the sliding doors on the bath. grandkids are rough on these doors. the one to the bedroom will be closed off with a factory panel since you can't use it unless you are in bed and the one to the hallway will be changed to a swinging door. the bedroom has the hinged door with glass insert.

Elder1

Now I really like what Tcountyrver is doing, I'm going to contact my dealer and see what that retro fit will cost me. Like you I agree that the sliding door into the bed room really is not needed and with a solid wall there we could put in more storage in the bathroom. I also like the the idea of a real door on both the bedroom and bathroom. We got our 3250TS in Nov, and now I kind of wish we had waited a month or two.

srae

I'm interested in these door ideas. We just ordered a 2011 BC and it does not have a door into the bedroom (accordian door is there) and we would love a real door. When did the 2011 come out with a door, as all we've seen have the accordian? Also, anyone know anymore about getting the sliding door taken out into the hallway and putting in a swining door? We did have the slider taken out into the bedroom as it was totally useless as far we we could see. Thanks for any info.
srae

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a Bighorn and would like to see the entrance door about 4" higher. Some times when I start to step out I hit my head on the top of the doorway.

BC