Response time from Heartland to dealerships

gyvaldez

I own a 2009 Razor model 3612. I purchased it from Tarpley RV in Durango CO, last August and the sale went great. I feel that I got a great deal on the rig. I used it all summer and wrote down everything I could find which was minor stuff but I then took it back to the dealership for warranty work at the beginning of this August. Well it is now November and it is still there. One of the biggest or most concerning things I found was the spacing of the axles. Mind you this is a triple axle. All the axles measured 33" from center to center except one axle on one side. It measured 34". I then measured all the spring hangers distance. They were all the same even on the one with the 34" spacing between hub centers. This tells me that the spring on that one axle was either placed on the rig backward or if that does not make a differance then the axle was not placed correctly in the pin of the spring when they put it together. Well the dealership said that they needed to get advise from Heartland as to what to do. Everytime I call they say they have not gotten any advise from you yet. It's been three months, come on guys. Also the dealership says that they cannot tackle a job that requires them to work on the suspension. I could do this in my garage but this is warranty work and I should not have too.
So I am asking your advice as to what you think the problem is so that I can relay it to the dealership because I really don't think they are asking the question. Because I am sure that you guys would give them a quick responce.
Also the fender skirts had a crack because when one of the slide outs would extend it caught on the other part of the fender skirt and cracked. This part has been ordered two times and both times came in as the wrong size. Everytime that they order it it takes two weeks to get a new wrong set. I should just buy them on ebay and send it to the dealer ship. Much quicker and they would be the right ones.
So my question to you is what is the correct part number for the fender skirts (both sides) for a 2009 Razor model 3612TS so that I could order them myself or give the dealership the part number so that they will get the right ones this time and I could get my rig back.
The floor was torn in one spot from the slide out. It was like that when we purchaces it with the agreement that they would take out the slide out and fix whatever caused the tear and replace the entire linoleum. Well now they only want to patch it because to replace the entire linoleum would cause them to have to pull out the slide out. Well in order to fix the thing that caused the problem in the first place, they need to pull out the slide out. But I think they forgot that part. Every time I call they tell me that the floor person only goes in once a week and he has not had time to look at it yet. Again, it's been three months. What is the hold up?
My question to you is, don't you think putting a patch is a bad idea due to the expansion and contraction due to the extreme temperture changes that would cause the floor to expand and contract at differant rates especially due to the high CTE of linoleum?

Thank you in advance for your quick responce.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I am not the factory so I am not going to answer any specific questions, but I think this is another example of poor dealership service.

Whether it is a PDI or warranty work, the stories on this forum and others indicates that some of these dealerships are owned/run by people who either don't care about providing good service or don't know how to provide good service.

I really don't know how any manufacturer can give good service with some of these apathetic dealers.

OK, sorry for the hi-jack but it seemed to pertain to some of your problems.

Bobby A

I own a 2009 Razor model 3612. I purchased it from Tarpley RV in Durango CO, last August and the sale went great. I feel that I got a great deal on the rig. I used it all summer and wrote down everything I could find which was minor stuff but I then took it back to the dealership for warranty work at the beginning of this August. Well it is now November and it is still there. One of the biggest or most concerning things I found was the spacing of the axles. Mind you this is a triple axle. All the axles measured 33" from center to center except one axle on one side. It measured 34". I then measured all the spring hangers distance. They were all the same even on the one with the 34" spacing between hub centers. This tells me that the spring on that one axle was either placed on the rig backward or if that does not make a differance then the axle was not placed correctly in the pin of the spring when they put it together. Well the dealership said that they needed to get advise from Heartland as to what to do. Everytime I call they say they have not gotten any advise from you yet. It's been three months, come on guys. Also the dealership says that they cannot tackle a job that requires them to work on the suspension. I could do this in my garage but this is warranty work and I should not have too.
So I am asking your advice as to what you think the problem is so that I can relay it to the dealership because I really don't think they are asking the question. Because I am sure that you guys would give them a quick responce.
Also the fender skirts had a crack because when one of the slide outs would extend it caught on the other part of the fender skirt and cracked. This part has been ordered two times and both times came in as the wrong size. Everytime that they order it it takes two weeks to get a new wrong set. I should just buy them on ebay and send it to the dealer ship. Much quicker and they would be the right ones.
So my question to you is what is the correct part number for the fender skirts (both sides) for a 2009 Razor model 3612TS so that I could order them myself or give the dealership the part number so that they will get the right ones this time and I could get my rig back.
The floor was torn in one spot from the slide out. It was like that when we purchaces it with the agreement that they would take out the slide out and fix whatever caused the tear and replace the entire linoleum. Well now they only want to patch it because to replace the entire linoleum would cause them to have to pull out the slide out. Well in order to fix the thing that caused the problem in the first place, they need to pull out the slide out. But I think they forgot that part. Every time I call they tell me that the floor person only goes in once a week and he has not had time to look at it yet. Again, it's been three months. What is the hold up?
My question to you is, don't you think putting a patch is a bad idea due to the expansion and contraction due to the extreme temperture changes that would cause the floor to expand and contract at differant rates especially due to the high CTE of linoleum?

Thank you in advance for your quick responce.

Sorry your rig has been in for WAY TO LONGGGGGGG, Call Heartland customer service first thing Monday morning. Tell them your story, they will help.

Mike Aplin

Our customer service number 877-262-8032. If you could please have your serial # to your coach handy, they can check the status of your requests. Thank you, Mike