Hot water heater problem

MD Buck

Was wondering whether anyone may be able to help out. The hot water heater isn't working on electric. I have checked the circuit breaker and there is power coming out of it, but there is no power at the on-off switch for the electric water heater. Is there anything between the two that could be causing the problem?

jimtoo

Hi MD Buck,

I moved your post to a better location for more help from our family of owners.

You are referring to the switch inside with the red handle on it I assume, does it light up when turned on? If no power to this switch, then its got to be breaker, try resetting, turn off and on, or wiring to switch. Has it worked on electric before?

Jim M

MD Buck

Actually was referring to the electric on-off switch at the water heater itself for the 120 operation. It worked earlier, but we had problems with the switch gear and this is the first time we have tried it since getting it back from the dealer with the main electrical problem. Tried resetting the circuit breaker in the panel box, as I said, the is 120 out of it, but isn't getting the on-off switch on the actual water heater. If there is nothing else in between, has to be the wire.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

As Jimtoo said ,how about the lighted switch in the cuboard beside the awning light switch. It has a red handle. Jon

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Place the switch at the water heater in the ON position, then turn the red handled switch inside the trailer in the ON position. The switch should light up if the system is working.

MD Buck

Got it fixed, wire coming out of red handed switch broke off back of switch. Thanks for all the help.