Staples poking thru roof

I was on the roof yesterday and noticed a handful of U shaped staples coming loose - pushing up under the rubber roof material. Location was along the rear edge of the door-side slideout, by the ladder. Should I slit the rubber, hammer down the staples and reseal the roof, or schedule a drive to a local repair shop? The staples are about to rip the material... Anyone have experience with how I should go about fixing this and might this be a recurring issue?
Thanks, Jay

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would contact Dicor and Heartland about the condition and get their input. Taking it to an authorized repair shop would be prudent since the roof material carries a long warranty. Cutting it and then doing a DIY repair might set you up for future headaches. Pulling the rear cap, rolling the covering and then addressing the staple issue might be the repair process.

jbeletti

Jay,

I checked with Customer Service on this and they do not recommend cutting the rubber roof. They suggest that it be peeled back to repair. Then perhaps hammer the staples down or remove them, then glue the membrane back. This is a job best suited for a service center.

Jim

Ugh! Well thanks guys. We're on our way home to Wisconsin from Virginia. Will do some calling to see where it can be done close to home (before the it snows again).
Jay