A new kind wake up call.

2010augusta

The DW and I were sleeping in a bit this morning, when some birds started swaking. We got up to let the dogs out and Sandy realized the swaking was a pair of Bald Eagles. Here are a couple pics.
DSCN8732.JPG

DSCN8752.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Great shots of a beautiful bird. But be careful they don't look at your Corgi's as "lunch."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Birds of prey will capture and eat a small dog. Sunday we were outside and heard some hawks. We looked up and saw 3 hawks circling the RV about 40 feet high. I realized we had our Yorkie tied outside by the picnic table. I told DW about it as I was watching the birds. She got Penny and put here inside and the hawks flew away. I wonder what would have happened if I had not noticed them.

jbeletti

Birds of prey will capture and eat a small dog. Sunday we were outside and heard some hawks. We looked up and saw 3 hawks circling the RV about 40 feet high. I realized we had our Yorkie tied outside by the picnic table. I told DW about it as I was watching the birds. She got Penny and put here inside and the hawks flew away. I wonder what would have happened if I had not noticed them.

Thanks for saving one of my "road" Yorkies Jim :)

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
WOW!!! Arent they the most beautiful birds..
To think we almost lost them and now they have come back in huge numbers.... hopefully a blessing for our Country in more ways than one.

We have a few nests around here and many times I have looked up in time to take in their beauty as they floated above me. What made me look up?

The first time though was the most memorable.. not like these..
But when I saw it flying, in that moment, I dont think I took a breath. I ran to the phone to call Duane at the firehouse and he told me then that he knew we had a nest in the reservoir across the street.
At another more public area, I love showing the children with the binoculars the nesting babies. Of course it is usually the parents who didnt know about the nest who are most excited.
The nest locations are kept pretty secret.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Yes, Jim is right about the birds of prey! Never leave a small dog unattended as it happens more time than you want to know!

lwmcguir

We had a family nest near our house at the lake. They are really something to watch. Quite the fishers and they like to sit near the Geese when they migrate. Known to eat a goose or two when the lake freezes and the fish are hard to get at. Cool pictures for sure. They did reduce the feral cat population here a bit.