Gray tank support

caissiel

Today while draining my gray tanks I noticed the belly was so far down that there was a big opening across the area where it was fasten to the cross plate. It was big enough that a cat could have got in. I proceeded to drop the belly sheet and noticed it was the tank pushing down on the sheet. The rear angle was bending and the tank was dropping. I emptied it and installed two reinforcing brackets. I will be changing this angle next year, it is to thin for the weight it supports. I hope all the tanks are not supported like this one, but I will surely check them. This tank is below the black tank and I have a feeling that it also holds some of the weight.

Maybe it is under designed for the weight of the 45 Imperial Gallons tanks on canadian trailers as mine has. I was realy supprised to note the size of the tank was in Imp.Gal. and not USG. Its 20% larger then I anticipated.

DXprowler

Maybe it is under designed for the weight of the 45 Imperial Gallons tanks on canadian trailers as mine has. I was realy supprised to note the size of the tank was in Imp.Gal. and not USG. Its 20% larger then I anticipated.

Are you sure about that? Don't get me wrong, the larger the tanks the better, but Imperial measurements in Canada went by the way of the do-do bird a number of decades ago. In fact the world is Metric except in the USA and I think 2 other countries.