Wish us luck.

jpmorgan37

We are cutting the links to home ownership and officially going full time. We decided that almost full time was too confusing so we are selling everything at auction, including our home, on August 19th and hitting the road full time. So if you see us on the highway somewhere, give us a shout and we will try to do the same. We love our GC and have made some changes in it for full time living to suit us, so we will see how it works out.

jbeletti

Best of luck John!

Once you're on the road, if your travels take you near Chicago - give me a call.

Also, if you end up planning any sort of a travel schedule, consider posting it so some of us can link up with you when possible.

Jim

Trap

Fulltiming

We wish you the best of luck on your new journey. If your ever up in our neck of the woods say high.

Trap;)

Tom of Ypsi

John & Sue, Best of luck on your decision to go fulltime, I sure do envy you. Hopefully next ear at this time we will be on the road fulltiming. The only thing holding us back is health care. If you are in Michigan give us a shout and we can get together.

Midastouch

Congrats John and Sue!

Hopefully I will close on my house tomorrow, the 10th, and be placing that Grand Canyon order at RV's for less!

John ... when you get a chance, drop me a line and let me know what kinds of things you did to your GC to accomodate you for fulltiming ... if you think it might be a benefit or of interest to me! I would sure love to have any kind of advice or things to give thought to beforehand!

I'll be looking forward to the time when I can pull that GC down the road like you're about to! Holler at me when you pass through the Shreveport area.

SmokeyBare

Your going to Love the freedom you'll have once the home is sold and papers signed. Have a wonderful adventure John and Sue.

We began our Full timing Adventure November of 2004... and have not once looked back and wondered why. We are blessed to have the chance to wander about this wonderful country of ours.

God Speed in your travels...... till we chat over the camp fire...

Marv & Karen Osborne

Zac

JP,
Congratulations! By this time next year, we'll be joining the full time ranks too. I am also very interested in what modifications you made to your Grand Canyon for full timing since that is the model we will be buying. Share with us all please.

tinkers

Full timers
John & Sue, we went fulltime in our BH 3400 last November. Plan to do this for a couple of years before purchasing another home, so everything is in storage. We spend winters in Central Florida, so doing the traveling in the summer. Heading to Montana & Glacier Natl Park next week from St. Louis. You will love it. The only bad part is when it is sooooo hot like here and you don't want to spend much time outside. We travel about 6 months anyway, so going fulltime wasn't too much of a stretch. Hope we can meet on the road sometime. As Smokey Bear said, it is truly a blessing that we have the means and the ability to do this......It's a big country out there! Had fun and be safe!

Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400Rl #455

Congratulations! Best of luck to you and Sue.
We have our house for sale also, we are hoping to have it sold by the end of July. We will be full time also. We can't wait to get going. We to have made some changes to out GG.
Jerry & Mary

jpmorgan37

:D Thanks to all of you for your kind words. We have been going through "stuff" and sorting out what we plan to keep. (Which isn't much). We rented a 4 x 9 storage unit so, you can see, we aren't keeping much. I know one thing, we are going to have one large auction sale. We took the sleeper sofa and one of the big leather recliners out of the GC and put in a wonderfully comfortable love seat and I built a desk in the corner where the recliner was. I took out the clothes hamper cabinet and the "shelf thing" on the other side of the closet and finished those two places off so we could hang more clothes in the closet. Can't hang anything of any length over those two things. Nice idea but not practical for us. Also took out the "safe" from under the bed. (That will really confuse a thief). I am putting a panel in the basement to separate the front and will put hooks on it to hang hoses, extension cords, etc on. (Courtesy Jim @ J W & E and Scott for support). Am also installing the Doran Pressure Pro this weekend. I don't want any tire problems if I can help it. That's about it for now. Thanks again for the good words. Sue and I really appreciate it.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Best of luck to both of you. My wife and I did the same thing in April of 05, and by the end of the year she had enough. Now I have spent a fortune buying new furniture and remodeling a home in Tn. I am glad that I did not sell my tools and some other important stuff, had it in storage. Drive safe and let all of us now where you are from time to time.

jpmorgan37

Thanks Fireflipper;
The tools are a biggie. I have a complete woodworking shop, metal working, welding, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, concrete, tile, wall papering, roofing and anything else that I might ever need. I was the local repair shop for anything that would break here in the north country. It's all (almost all) going. We are hoping that by the time we come off the road that we won't need to do any of these things. Probably a town house of condo somewhere down the road. But for now, where ever the road takes us. No second thoughts. Just excited and happy. I worked 53 years to get to this point and now we want to get out and see a lot of the country that I have been in when I was working but didn't have a chance to enjoy or really see.

ct0218

Good luck to both of you. I doubt we will ever full-time in our Landmark, but in a few years we will be spending a lot more time traveling the country. Take care, and enjoy!

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Jpmorgan37
I really did not think I would be using all my tools again, so I did get rid of some. What a mistake. It seems like I have to replace something that I had at least two or three times a month, and still working on the house. Good Luck and if you get to the east Tn. area give us a shout.

jpmorgan37

Fireflipper;
I'm sure we will be back there sometime next year. I want my bride to meet Butch and Karen, and it's been a few years since we enjoyed that part of the country. We will definately hollar at you when we come through.