Husky Air Compressor

Two Hands

I bought a Husky 1.5 gallon air compressor model 41214. The first time I used it was to add about four pounds of air to get my Big Horn's Michelin tires up to 80 pounds. The instructions directed that I set the compressor at its max of 135 PSI. I did that but could not get any air into the tires. Now I am guessing that the compressor is too small for my needs. But the thing has 135 PSI and I only need 80. Seems like it should work. I called the helpline, but the help was that I return the compressor. Can anyone offer any suggestions to get this thing to work?

2010augusta

You might try to depress the valve on the compressor, until it starts to run, then start adding air to the tires while the compressor is running.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I bought a Sears air compressor last year.It will pump to 135 psi. but in order to pump my Goodyears to 110 lbs,the compressor needs to be running.

aatauses

I have the husky air compressor and as long as the compressor is running I have no problem pumping my tires to 110#, I can pump my truck tires to 65 easily with the compressor off and using the air in the tank, but to get to the 110#, the compressor needs to be running. The only thing I do not like about this compressor is the weight--25#, other than that I have not had any problems with mine.
al

branson4020

Icantre Member
If the compressor can fill its little tank to 135 PSI and shut off, and you bleed it down to below 100 psi and it cycles back on, then your compressor is fine. If you can't get ANY additional air into a 75 psi tire, the problem is likely the conection at the tire chuck/valve stem.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
If the compressor can fill its little tank to 135 PSI and shut off, and you bleed it down to below 100 psi and it cycles back on, then your compressor is fine. If you can't get ANY additional air into a 75 psi tire, the problem is likely the conection at the tire chuck/valve stem.

Agree. I have no issues with the same unit. I have used it up to 75psi.

The size of the tank is usually the problem. I have a 1.5 gallon tank and it takes 4 or 5 times just to get 65# in my tires. My compressor pumps up to 135 lbs. My thoughts is I need a bigger tank. Jack

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With my Makita 3-gallon compressor (came with my brad nailer), I can get my truck tires to 65 pounds without a problem. Getting the 3670 tires topped off at 110 requires I set it to 125 and repeatedly open the dump valve on the tank to force it to run in order to get the pressure I need.

WSGraffius

Hey Two Hands, maybe I'm reading this wrong but does your airline and inflator attachment both allow full pressure to pass through them? Point being do you have a partial/full restriction within either or both? Mud dawbers have alot of fun in my area and ruined a friend of mine's pressure washer wand! Could also see if inflator comes apart to inspect for any metal fillings or poor manufacturing.

I own a Dewalt (55141) and when filling 5er tires, I allow both tank and 20'ft hose to fill up to pressure setting as it expands the holding capacity.