Flooring

tsoileau

I have a 3250 and the slideout peeled up the vinyl flooring. It is possible for me to install laminate flooring in place of the vinyl? Of course, the carpet would remain on both slides.

Thanks
Ted

jimtoo

Hi tsoileau,

I would think you could cover the tile with laminate flooring. I take it the slide damaged the vinyl in the stove, refig area on your Big Country. First you need to repair the roller or what ever caused the damage of course. I have a BH3055RL and installed the laminate without any problem. This is the second one I have had and put the laminate in and I installed the laminate on top of the vinyl, did not remove the vinyl flooring. The first one I put the good stuff in, 1/4 or 5/16" thick laminate. The slide would roll on it and made marks, not to bad, but you could see it. On the newer, 08 that we now have, I shopped around and found some cheaper laminate at one of the discount lumber places, only guaranteed 20 years, not 25, but it was only 3/16" thick. So I used that in this unit, looks great, just as good as the expensive stuff, was easy install and the slide does not contact it, except at the furnace vent, you can see that the roller rest on it when the slide is in. But that is not a problem.

Have fun.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

Could you put laminate flooring in...YES. Please check with Heartland warranty department to see the effects on your 1 year from date of purchase warranty.

Also, please be sure to check slide room tolerances. If a slide room went out of adjustment, it could cause damage to any flooring. Also, any added weight will work against your net cargo carrying capacity.

We do use laminate flooring in some of our high end lines.

chloe2

Lippert makes slide-out floor protectors that may help with the marks. Most are made for carpet (they are a plastic piece with foam on the bottom) .... you put one on either side where the slide comes in.

tsoileau

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had a chance to check the rollers but will do that before changing the floor.

It should not creak. Can you feel a slight ridge where the creaking occurs? Our bedroom had a noticeable creak, along with a ridge under the carpet at the foot of the bed. Dealer had to remove a lot of the bedroom and closet to repair/replace the warped floor boards. Have it checked ASAP since this should be a warranty repair (mine was).