What units have Hydraulic landing gear???

2010augusta

Is the Landmark the only Heartland unit that has the hydraulic land gear? I keep reading the stories of "my landing gear when pop" and "the gears won't turn" and "the motor case broke." I think it would make since to at least offer the hydraulic landing gear as an option, if not make it standard on more units, beacuse the hydraulic units are very nice and seem to have fewer problems.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Landmarks come standard with the hydraulic landing gears...all other electric. Another advantage to owning a Landmark.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Alan, hydraulics sure would be nice. But..........I think that when people are shopping for a new coach, they have a price range in mind. I don't want to go over 30k, I'll only spend up to 45k or I don't care what it costs. Thats why manufacturers have different levels of product. If cost was not a factor everybody would have all the nifty things that come with a high end coach. The hydraulic landing gear is however, available after market.

Peace
Dave

biggziff

There are also the folks that think simpler is better. Hydraulic systems are certainly more complex (motor, pump, valves, manifolds, hoses, fittings, fluid, actuators, rams, etc) and expensive than a simple electric motor/gearbox. Personally, I'd prefer the latter. I have lots of equipment that use hydraulics and know first hand what a mess it can be to repair them. To each their own.

Delaine and Lindy

Hydraulic Jacks....

I agree when you began your seach for your Condo on wheels price is the big question. And then the wow factor will get to you also, we certainly have a good laugh when we think about our first 5th wheel. We were returning from a trip from Texas and decided to by a 5th wheel. It was a 28 footer we though it was big. Well we went to Key West for a month and on the return home we traded for a 34 footer. First mistake we didn't do enough research. Take your time and spend time in what ever RV your looking at. Go large.....

As for Hydraulic jacks, two had all electric and two of our 5th wheels had Hydraulic landing gears and rear was electric. And two have had 6 Hydraulic jacks. Hydraulic wins hands down. As with any mechanical system you can and will have problems. Once you use the Hydraulic system you want go back to Electric. And its really handy if you have to lift you wheel off the ground, just push a button and you can raise them about 15" off the ground. It also eliminates a lot of movement. Just ask KaKamper he upgraded his Big Horn. GBY.....