rear bumper bike rack

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Paul, I'm sure it can be done but I don't think the factory will do a retrofit as you are describing. I think any frame modifications are a potential for voiding a warranty unless approved by the manufacturer of the frame itself. That said, it's a nice looking carrier and is probably stronger than the type that mount directly to the bumper. It would be easy to do if a guy had a welder and access to materials. The downside if any is it increases the length of the trailer aft of the axles and is a potential hazard for the rear to strike something when turning. The rear of the rig will swing much wider than before modified.

M

Mcreech

This bumper comes from our frame manufacturer (Lipppert)....I would track down Lippert customer service and tell them what you are thinking...They should be able to tell you yes or no..

MikeC

Nell

We thought about a retrofit with this but very quickly decided that due to the lovely molded unique rear bumper on the North Trail that contains all the rear lights (the original models) it would almost definately be cost prohibitive and ruin the look of the back of the camper which I personally love. SO much as I think the bike carrier is a great idea I prefer the look of the rear end of my 31QBS as it is.....and if they are not being made like this anymore then I want to keep it even more :D

Wharton

We are planning to get a rear receiver hitch put on and put our bike rack on that. There is a bike rack that looks like this that goes into a rear receiver hitch.............

aatauses

If you are looking for a bike rack,you may want to consider putting your bikes on your TV. We purchased Yakama bike racks for the rood of our 3500 and have been very happy.
al

geeksrus

Have you considered a bike rack on the pin box... commercial ones are available & a lot of folks have 'home built' them (search on RV.Net Open Roads forum & you'll get a lot of ideas).

Eh!