Which Washer/Dryer???????......

We have recently purchased a new 305 Road Warrior that has been plumbed for a vented washer / dryer. Would like to have some suggestion as to which brand to buy and/or which type????? Any help is appreciated...

jbeletti

Splendide by Ariston is a common choice. It's also possible to fit a few other brands. J suggest you locate the dimensions of the Splendide units online and use those as you look at other brands. Remember you are looking for AC powered units and 110 volts only.

Delaine and Lindy

We agree with Jim B. the Splendide is a good choice. We have owned both the Splendide Combo unit and the Splendide Ariston stackable unit. Both work great, if you go with a Combo make sure you get the vented type. However we recomend the Splendide Ariston stackable unit. With the Stackable you can wash and dry at the same time much faster. The 5th wheel we have now has the W/D setting side by side, we went with the Whirlpool W/D this time and as a matter of fact DW is washing clothes now. I will say the Whirlpool is very quiet and runs very smooth. But I would have no problem with getting another Splendide Ariation. Good Luck with your choice. GBY...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Another choice is the Majestic which we have. Both the Spendide and Majestic work great. We have owned both. Our previous 5er was a Spendide combo and this time we got the Majestic stackables. With the stackables you can wash and dry at the same time as they are separate units. I would recommend you get the dryer that is vented to the outside for safety reasons. IMHO.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Stackable, side by side, or combo will be dictated by which rig you have (you didn't mention it). We have the Spendide combo in our 3670 since that is the only configuration that fits in ours. It works great for small loads, but with it in the nose, you can tell when the drum is moving if you're sitting in the rear. Not serious, but noticeable.

Thanks guys !!!!

THanks Guys!!!!,,,,, that is a great help,,,... By the way, we have a 305RW ToyHauler.... So I am a little limited to space... But it sounds like either one of the Splendide or the Majestic combo would work fine..
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

caissiel

We have been using a Spledide 2100 w/d unitfor the past 5 years. It revs at 1200RPM and it wash and dries in one setting. So we do the washing and drying as need and can leave and arrive and the load is dry. The loads are smaller but its breeze to use.

irvin56

regarding th w/d

I imagine they would have to be RV models for more durabilaty.
Made for moving around the SMOOTH roads on America??

just wondering as we have a 110 dryer on wheels for our apartment. and a washer that hooks to faucet like a port. dish washer.
I was wondering if they would work in the unit?
With all the moving around.
or do they have to be for an RV?

dynaguy

How long is the wash/dry cycle and what is the capacity of the splendid? we are considering one but with 4 kids is it really going to handle the load? Thanks.

jbeletti

Dynaguy,

The time depends on the load size, fabric type and program selected. According to the manual, the range is 40 to 120 minutes with the more standard wash cycles taking 65 to 90 minutes.

I have attached the manuals for the current Splendide Ariston stackables. I'll get these and other Splendide manuals on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals) soon.

Jim

Attachments

• AW122_Manual.pdf
    682.8 KB · Views: 35
  • AS66VX_Manual.pdf
    191.9 KB · Views: 22

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Jim,

Will the Stack-able fit in the 3410RE? or do I need to go with a single unit? ( I'm shopping for a W/D and I still haven't purchased the Rig yet )

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The easiest way to solve the problem is to order a 3410RE with the Washer/Dryer installed at the Factory. The factory installs a drip pan and drain for the washer and the drier vent. Just hook up the Big Horn and go camping.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Terry,

I agree - But I will be buying off the lot not ordering from the factory. I would have thought that the drip pan would have been part of the W/D prep from the factory. I assume that this is not the case? Where do they vent the Dryer?

Kevin

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I do not know what is exactly included in the W/D prep. Call Heartland ask for the Big Horn Brand Manager, they will know the answer. The Dryer is vented out the Door Side wall near the front cap.

jbeletti

Kevin,

The Landmark/Bighorn Brand Manager is Kevin Finn. His number is 574-266-3786. My sense is prep in the Bighorn means:

• Dedicated location for W/D
  • Hot/Cold water outlets with shut-off valves
  • Drain
  • AC power receptacles
I doubt it includes the drain pan that the washer sits on/in. I am not clear at all on whether the dryer vent is installed in the prep-only.

Jim

jimtoo

Kevin,

The Landmark/Bighorn Brand Manager is Kevin Finn. His number is 574-266-3786. My sense is prep in the Bighorn means:

• Dedicated location for W/D
  • Hot/Cold water outlets with shut-off valves
  • Drain
  • AC power receptacles
I doubt it includes the drain pan that the washer sits on/in. I am not clear at all on whether the dryer vent is installed in the prep-only.

Jim

DRAIN??? WHY???? It will just,,, ruunnnnn oouuuutttt,,, thhhheeeee,,thhhheeee,,,, awwww,,,, NEVER MIND!!!!