Lift System

geeksrus

On my lift system the nut and/or bolt on the lift rod makes contact with the motor which increases the 'jumping' of the motor. It seems to happen more often when under duress of lifting.

If I'm not mistaken this was discussed previously with some solutions offered. If those who have solved this could let me know what they did, I would appreciate it. Pictures would be nice.

Thanks Eh!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On my lift system the nut and/or bolt on the lift rod makes contact with the motor which increases the 'jumping' of the motor. It seems to happen more often when under duress of lifting.

If I'm not mistaken this was discussed previously with some solutions offered. If those who have solved this could let me know what they did, I would appreciate it. Pictures would be nice.

Thanks Eh!
I thought I had pictures but I was wrong. I can take one tomorrow if you can't visualize what I did. I took a piece of "plumbers tape" Metal strapping with holes in it every 3/4 inch or so and wrapped it around the motor loosely and screwed one end of it to the overhead above the motor. It loosely supports the motor to clear the bolt head but leaves room for the motor to move a bit when operating. Let me know if you need a picture.

geeksrus

I thought I had pictures but I was wrong. I can take one tomorrow if you can't visualize what I did. I took a piece of "plumbers tape" Metal strapping with holes in it every 3/4 inch or so and wrapped it around the motor loosely and screwed one end of it to the overhead above the motor. It loosely supports the motor to clear the bolt head but leaves room for the motor to move a bit when operating. Let me know if you need a picture.

Ray: Picture(s) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eh!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Picture of Motor Support

Sorry for the delay in getting a picture up here. Been busy getting tires & alignment on our new (to us) car. I just notice when I looked at the picture I'm missing a bolt on the support clamp. I'll have to put a nylock on there when I'm done here. geeksrus, notice the screw into the "ceiling" I didn't screw it in all the way. I left room for future adjustment. This is just to help keep the motor from interfering with the bolt in the cross shaft. The motor still has room to move around as it did before the support strap.

Attachments

• Landing Gear Motor Hanger.JPG
    Landing Gear Motor Hanger.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 112

wdk450

Smaller head bolt - smaller nut?

Gang:
Looking at Ray's picture of the motor and rotating bar, I can see that the clearance is pretty tight.
Has anyone tried substituting a flat socket head cap screw for the existing hex head bolt? You should be able to get these at any good hardware store. They also should have some special thin nuts. You should be sure to use thread sealant with these, as they have less threaded mating surface than a regular nut.
Here is an image of the bolt:

Attachments

• socet head cap screws.gif
    socet head cap screws.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 29

navyAZ1

Gang:
Looking at Ray's picture of the motor and rotating bar, I can see that the clearance is pretty tight.
Has anyone tried substituting a flat socket head cap screw for the existing hex head bolt? You should be able to get these at any good hardware store. They also should have some special thin nuts. You should be sure to use thread sealant with these, as they have less threaded mating surface than a regular nut.
Here is an image of the bolt:

Mine has these type of bolts and just enough of the bolt sticks thru to allow the locking nut to fit good.