Toilet room door

alc59

I was looking at 3 Big Horns at a dealership last week and in everone of them the door on the toilet would not shut correctly or would not latch. Is this normal? I would hope if I orderd one it would not be this way!!!:D
Thank You for your time.
alc59

L'l John

We just took delivery of a BH 3400 a few weeks ago. The plastic stool room door does not fit correctly, but it will shut if I push hard enough. It likes to stand open about 2 inches.

jimtoo

I have a 3055RL and the potty room door does not close correctly either. One of the things on a long list when it goes back to dealer.

Trap

Potty Door

Is that the doors don't want to close (binding) properly or that the pin doesn't line up with the latch.

Trap:confused:

Trap

What kind of hinges on the bathroom door. If their regular residential type hinges try putting a little cardboard behind each hinge this should give enough clearance for door to close. If Piano type hinge you need to remove door and shave a little off of door on hinge side.

Trap

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Door

On our 3055RL the toilet room door would not latch all the time. I found the striker plate was mounted at quite an angle. I removed one mounting screw and turned the plate vertical, filled the old screw hole flush with a matchstick, then reinstalled the screw. I was lucky that the plate wound up spaced properly front to rear on the door frame. The door latches great now. I also had the screen door striker mounted at a bad angle, perhaps someone doesn't know up from down.

J

jjjelm

Just picked our 3055RL up on 5/26/06....bathroom door is perfect! jjjelm

alc59

The Big Horns that I looked at all had different type problems. One ov rhe doors had a gap at the top and another had a gap at the bottom and one looked like the latch would not even come close to the striker to latch.
I see this in something that the quality control needs to look at.

C

Chulinw

That has been a problem with bathroom door not securing properly. Our gandson like to tell grandma hi and open the door without any problems because it will not lock so stay shut when she is using the tolet. Good luck on getting it fix.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
We just did our PDI on 12/21 and our bathroom door does shut properly also, but the trailer was not sitting level which could be part of the problem also.

tdharley

Mine did the same thing, it bound up on the bottom. A little PL400 construction adhesive behind the door jamb worked fine. Masking tape overnight.

Also if you are having a problem with the striker plate not lining up with the latch, you can purchase an oversized adjustable striker plate from Home depot that will fix you right up. My handyman uses these on our new homes after the settling stops, they look like they were supposed to be there.