PDA

View Full Version : GPS Suggestions with Rear Camera Input ?

rmchad
11-06-2009, 12:59 AM
I want to get a GPS that I can switch between vehicles if needed that also will double as a rear camera display. A few GPS units, such as Garmin's StreetPilot 7200, has a video input for this purpose. The 7200 looks like it would work, but there appear to be several models to consider.

Any suggestions?

2010augusta
11-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I believe that all the street pilot models have been discontinued, so getting up-to-date maps could be an issue.

TXBobcat
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I have a StreetPilot 2610 and have not had a problem getting updates from Garmin.

I have read a forum about some of the Garmins having problems when updateing due to a chip being used. One of these was the 755 and 865. I had been thinking about getting a 750i but will stay with my SP 2610 for a while.

BC

Delaine and Lindy
11-07-2009, 08:49 AM
We have a Kenwood system but it was installed by a unpfitter. Don't know much about the system. It has a CD, DVD, Sirus/XM , back up camera and the Garmin system. The Camera will activate when Truck goes into Resverse or there is a button on the dash to use when moving down the road. But we also use a Garmin 2720 for our other car and Truck. We also have a rear hard wired camera that has it on monitor and work the same as the rear camera on the Truck. Good Luck with your search. GBY...

rmchad
11-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi Delaine and Lindy -- I have read about the Kenwood system and it comes highly recommended by many. I really only need the GPS capability and would like to have a backup camera capability as well, we should be less than a Kenwood system -- but perhaps not as fun :)