GPS Suggestions with Rear Camera Input ?

rmchad

Heartland Owner
I want to get a GPS that I can switch between vehicles if needed that also will double as a rear camera display. A few GPS units, such as Garmin's StreetPilot 7200, has a video input for this purpose. The 7200 looks like it would work, but there appear to be several models to consider.

Any suggestions?

2010augusta

I believe that all the street pilot models have been discontinued, so getting up-to-date maps could be an issue.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a StreetPilot 2610 and have not had a problem getting updates from Garmin.

I have read a forum about some of the Garmins having problems when updateing due to a chip being used. One of these was the 755 and 865. I had been thinking about getting a 750i but will stay with my SP 2610 for a while.

BC

Delaine and Lindy

We have a Kenwood system but it was installed by a unpfitter. Don't know much about the system. It has a CD, DVD, Sirus/XM , back up camera and the Garmin system. The Camera will activate when Truck goes into Resverse or there is a button on the dash to use when moving down the road. But we also use a Garmin 2720 for our other car and Truck. We also have a rear hard wired camera that has it on monitor and work the same as the rear camera on the Truck. Good Luck with your search. GBY...

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Delaine and Lindy -- I have read about the Kenwood system and it comes highly recommended by many. I really only need the GPS capability and would like to have a backup camera capability as well, we should be less than a Kenwood system -- but perhaps not as fun :)