Insulated Underbelly

Riverman

We have just recently placed an order for a Cyclone 3950. I realize that these come with a heated underbelly, but is the option available to have the underbelly insulated at the factory? Risk of freezing seems to be a common problem with those of us stuck in the "Far North". Has anyone had this done prior to delivery rather than tearing apart a brand new trailer and adding it post-delivery??:confused:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Heartland might do it, but at a cost. I cant speak for them. Ask your dealer to inquire about it. I did mine myself and it was alot cheaper. 2" block/sheet foam from Lowes works well. Has a R factor of 7.8. I doubled it up where I could. Construction glue, a few 2" drywall screws and washers. Some people have put normal R13 insulation in plastic bags and put where they could. Never hurts to take the bottom cover off and just look around. Good time to make sure everything is where it belongs and tight. Bob:D:D

jbeletti

Riverman,

I believe the underbelly in the Cyclone product is insulated. What is not insulated is the underbelly area of the garage floor. On this, the factory offers no option.

Forum member HTNeighbors insulated his garage floor. Search him out on this forum.

Jim

jbeletti

Riverman,

I confirmed with the brand manager the following about Cyclone:

- The floor is insulated with fiberglass insulation
- The underbelly is not insulated

Jim

smday

Riverman, Good call on the trailer. Where did you order it from and when is it expected delivery.

Riverman

Ordered from Fast Toys For Boys in Davidson, Sask.
I havent heard a delivery date yet, but we are not planning on picking it up til spring.