Right hand light in the bedroom quit

lwmcguir

Both the light above the headboard and the fluorescent quit. Both lamps are good and none of the fuses show they are blown. Changed out the bulbs with the other side that is working and they are OK. Must be a separate fuse or wire came loose. Anyone else had this happen?

jbeletti

My guess is an electrical discontinuity under the bed. Remove the mattress and the plywood to access that area where the slide ram is. Look for a red and white wire (I think).

Jim

SmokeyBare

One wire comes from under the bed... (In our BigHorn) and runs up one side of the bed slide room wall... and feeds both lights over the bed.

I would unscrew the non working light from the ceiling... look at the connections... perhaps one wire is loose or has come out of the scotch lock.... if there is power to the wires....you will need to check with a volt meter... then it could be the switch for that light that is faulty... contact cleaner could get it working if it is only a dirty contact.

lwmcguir

Took the RH, fluorescent nearest the closet apart. A crimped terminal had plastic between the wire and terminal. That fixed that lamp. Still checking out the RH reading lamp. No voltage, but haven't looked under the storage cover below the bed. Looks like will be next to check out.