Electric water shut off valves??? What gives.

2010augusta

I believe it might have been brought up before, but I'll bring it up again. As mentioned in another thread, it is a good idea to shut off the water supply when leaving the trailer, but wouldn't it be nice to have a simple switch by the door to do this. I found the WaterCop that would do exactly that with the valve and switch, but it is almost $400 for the set.

wc-lg.jpg
MakeThumbImage.aspx

On the other hand I can go to any hardware store and for less than $20 buy a irrigation valve that is still safe for potable water, and I believe I can find a system to open and close it for another $20-40.

So what is the cheap and easy way to use a switch to turn off a garden hose? There has to be something out there for less than $100 that is designed for a "drinking water" system.

jbeletti

Alan,

I too plan to do this project. I have set aside a single Orbit irrigation valve (p/n 62035). It came as a set of 4 with a controller. I plan to put it on the bench and test, manually actuating it. From there, come up with a power supply and switching circuit. I think I will attach the valve to my city water connection in the UDC and have a a jack in the UDC to plug it into. We should share notes on this. I have several extra valves. I could send you one.

Jim

On edit: This valve may be a bit tricky to use for this application. See this thread, starting at post # 16. Maybe the jar-top style irrigation valve is less trickier to control.

3106vside1big.jpg

Last edited: