Basement UDC Plumbing/Electrical Rework

wdk450

Gang:
A lot of folks have posted on how they are disappointed in this "rat's nest", and with water leak and electrical problems occuring here. I thought I had seen postings on reworking/rewiring/replumbing this stuff, but could not find anything in the forum with the search engine.
I would sure like to take advantage of other people's experience and ideas before I begin to formulate a gameplan for this big mod. Pictures would be especially helpful.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Bill,
I personally have mixd feelings on the "rats nest" syndrome. For one, if it's not broke, don't fix it, but on the other hand there is a lot of usable space there if things were better organized and installed. I for one will be replacing my plastic check valve on the water heater with a brass one I picked up in Elkhart. I may also look at the proper installation of the water pump with regards to having a certain amount of straight length of hose before an elbow at the inlets and outlets of the pump. I read about this somewhere here on the forum. While I am crawling around in there I may consider remounting the power converter to get it away from under the toilet supply line. By chance I did have a leak there and had already fixed the leak but neglected to reposition the converter. Anyway, good luck with your project and please take pictures along the way.

Mark

mcbubba

Plumbing

I feel one of the best things I did with our Sundance was to buy a PEX tool , fittings and stainless steel crimp rings, which are the same type used by our manufacturer, and install shutoff valves throughout the unit at each appliance. This allows you to isolate any problem areas you need to address while still being able to use the rest of the system. Once you've done this you can move on to bigger issues such as rerouting your supply lines to an inline water filter so that it covers both your "city water" and "tank" water. You just turn the appropriate shutoff valves to direct each to the filter.