Hi Everyone

bswitter

Just wanted to say hi since I am new to the forum. :D I have been lurking for several months. My DH and I ordered our Landmark Grand Canyon at the end of September and are anxiously awaiting its arrival. It was supposed to be offline on 10/30, but the last we heard, it was out of paint last Thursday. Good news on the delay though...our dealer says we are getting a 2011 instead of 2010. Not sure of all the changes, but have been told we will have new graphics and a keyless remote. We are supposed to get exterior photos by the end of the day today, and are hoping that our GC will be at the dealer before the end of the week. We are not new to RVing...we were fulltimers several years ago, and are working to FT again asap. Prior to our GC, we had a Jayco Designer 3710RLTS fifth wheel.
-Bev

jbeletti

Hi Bev,

Welcome to you and the DH. And congratulations on your order of what will be a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. I have seen the changes and you will LOVE IT!

I see you are only 35 miles south of where we will be building our next home (Crossville). Have to get together!

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice area, Crossville. Vacationed at the Fairfield Glades resort a couple of times.

jbeletti

John,

We drove through Fairfield Glade last weekend on our way to check out Cumberland Mountain Preserve, a few miles away. It's an RV home community. All are single family dettached homes in a heavily wooded setting.

Jim

2010augusta

Bev, Congrats on the Landmark, and the model year incease. The same thing, including the paint shop delay and model year bump happened to us last year. Can't wait to see the upgrades. Post some pics when you get them.;)

jbeletti

Jim, are you moving? Did I miss a post? Crossville sounds like the best of both worlds and the pricing doesn't seem too bad either.

It's a little ways off Ray - but yes, that is the plan :)

Only bummer is housing values in Chicago have yet to reach bottom. And with a relatively short time horizon on the potential move, I'll end up in a "sell low / buy high" situation :eek: Hate it :(

bswitter

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I finally have a few pics of our GC...will post them when I figure out how!

Jim...we absolutely have to get together. Let us know when you will be in the neighborhood. James and I have contemplated camping at Cumberland Mtn. State Park a few times, but just haven't made it up there yet. The Gardens is a beautiful community.

Alan & Sandy...what a coincidence! Love your corgis btw!:eek:

I look forward to getting to know everyone better and taking advantage of your wisdom!

jbeletti

Bev,

Click on Post Reply, type your message, then scroll way down and look for Manage Attachments. Click that and a new window pops up to add attachments.

Just be sure to resize your images before doing all of this. I suggest 800x600.

Jim