How Do You Like The Razor

pbr

I am looking at a Razor,2009 3110DS . Coming from a class A 34 ft with a supper slide and pull an enclosed trailer . I already have a Dually. Just wanted to know how you like the Razor? We do Some dry camping and will be putting 2 Harley's in the back . Usually 3 couples stay in the camper. I was told that they are not offering this model any more Thanks

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
We have an '09 Razor 3612 and like htneighbors I LOVE MY RAZOR. The differences are in the upgrades. Fabrics, counter top materials, available options and the like. The basic construction is the same although I believe that the Razor line, except the 3612, are on a 10" frame rather than a 12" frame.

We have had absolutely no problems with our Razor other than some trim pieces coming dislodged on our first trip (2600 Miles) These were fixed quickly at a local dealer under warranty. Nothing has fallen off, no plumbing leaks, no electrical problems and no problems so far with the Mission tires in 6000+ miles.

I don't know if they even make Razor's any more since they developed the Road Warrior line. I have not found any '10s or '11s listed anywhere. I tried a year ago to have the factory look at the spec sheets for the Razor 3612 to correct some obvious errors on their web site. The response was and I paraphrase "...they look OK to me but I'll have some one look at them and yes, the 3612 has three axles not two." There has been no change in any of the Razor information which tells me that their emphasis is elsewhere.

It is my opinion and experience that a Razor is built just as good as a Cyclone or Road Warrior it just doesn't have as much foo foo ( is that a word?).

We "downsized" from a 40' diesel but gained much more living space and utility.

Live to Ride :D

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Glad to hear you love your Razor. You are right however, we are currently building only Road Warrior and Cyclone.

Happy camping.

Jim

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Jim-

What are the chances that I could get the second side door added to my Razor. Could a local dealer, if they were willing, order the parts to do it or could I take to the factory and have them do it?

jbeletti

Bob,

Are you saying "add a second entry door" - not storage door?

I am sure it can be done but unsure if it will be as good as structurally sound as if the wall was made for it. Reason being is that the opening for the entry doors (or any door/window) is framed out specifically for the door. This includes radiused aluminum corners.

Heartland Customer Service can sell you the parts. You will just need to find a dealer/service center willing to tear into the wall and do the reinforcement needed (studs/header) in order to place the door securely.

As for the factory doing the install, they'd be the best to do it but I'm pretty sure they will not take the task on. If you want to bring it to Elkhart to be done, there are several service centers there. I know some of them well and I also know others who have their own small independent shops.

Jim

Jim

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Jim-

Yes, I was asking about a second side entry door. It sure would be convenient. The floorplan on the Heartland web site showed the door but when I picked up my trailer in Ohio it did not have one. I was disappointed but we have worked around it. Just asking if it could be done.

Bob

rebelle

Hi, I have a 2008 razor, love it. I lived in it full time for a year and a half. very few problems. Mostly leanrning the ropes. about year and a half ago I had fresh water holding problems. and major water leak in holding area. I have had to take it to, two different dealerships. "Its fixed it good to go"... Well not really.seems there are (2) 50 gal tanks with a hose between the two, and it is a weak design, keeps breaking. maybe it froze and cracked we did have a cold winter here.
I am getting ready for Mud nationals held here in Texas.(huge passion). Started filling with water,and every drop I put in came pouring out..How do I fix it or is just going to be an ongoing problem????
Not afraid to tackle this myself, what materials do I need before I start...

tntm7le

I have a 2009 3612ts, I have to say I love the look of the trailer, tows great, floor plan works well for me in most cases, few design issues they could have changed. Fridge cant be open with slides closed, limited storage space, a lot of space under the kitchen counter top that is waisted below, that could be storage.
This is my 4th RV and I have to say there has been a running list of problems that just dont seem to go away, water leaks, cupboard doors breaking, water pump failurs, actually every cupboard door in the rv has split and broke. Heartland replaced them all without any hassles, but the new ones did the same thing. Even the ones in my garage that I had not made the time to replace split and broke apart and have never been exposed to sun, moisture or heat.
Im at a loss as to what to do with this trailer, cant stop the water leaks, floor is wet every rain, under fridge is wet, been quite the nightmare, the trailer has spent a total of 8 months in repair shop in the last 2.5yrs getting repaired.
But I can only say really good things about heartlands attempts to fix it. I would def buy a heartland product again as there customer service has been beyond exeptional. I just happen to get the bad apple.