Outstanding Service from Jim B. & Heartland

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I just want to take a few minutes to thank Jim Beletti, and others at Heartland for their help in resolving a television problem we had. Our Samsung TV went out back in July. After a big hassle with my selling dealer, Camping World in Katy TX. we were loaned an off brand TV while we waited on a decision from Heartland about what to do about replacing the TV. After more than two weeks, we called the store to check on our TV and were told that Heartland had told them that we could just keep the off brand set and not get another Samsung as we had been told.

After I related this story to Jim B. he made some calls on my behalf. I then learned that Heartland had paid CW for the Samsung, so I asked why they would pay for the more expensive Samsung and then tell me to just keep the cheaper one?

When confronted about what I now knew, the store relented and agreed to take the loaner back and cut me a check for the amount they had been paid for my television.

After making the exchange, I am now the very proud owner of an upgraded Samsung that has a GREAT picture for just a small amount of money out of my pocket.

If it hadn't been for the work of Jim B. and telephone calls from others in the company, I would still have a mediocre television and would have not known the kind of shoddy treatment I had gotten from Camping World.

I will not forget this the next time I need a part.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's amazing that they would even try to get away with that. I would definitely drop a line to Camping World corporate explaining what transpired. Sounds like someone was trying to make a little extra profit.

Delaine and Lindy

If you haven't sent a letter you very well should. That action is not what I have encountered at Camping World and I have used the CW at Katy Texas and was treated very well and very professional. Be sure and use names and dates. You will be helping all RVer's. GBY....

Bobby A

That comes at know surprise, Jim B is good at his job and has many connections. He has helped get me out of a jam a few times. He's the BEST.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bobby, I certainly agree with you. Jim is the best at what he does and on top of that, a good friend.

I intend to get my letter off to the CEO as soon as the check clears. Not taking any chances with this bunch!

boatdoc

It's amazing what happens at Mother Heartland when JimB gets involed. I had a problem, see older posts, with no phone calls back and when he did, whatever he does, the phone rang that day. Well I'l be darned, Heartlands on the phone.
Thanks, Jim for ALL you do for us Heartland owners!!!

jbeletti

Tell your (SOB) friends, tell your neighbors! If you think we rock, others may be interested in tapping into that. :)

We expect to have a huge 2010 - should be a good time for others to trade up and into a Heartland :) But that's just me.

Seriously though, thank you for all the kind words. As I have stated elsewhere, I am unable to get involved in service matters for 30,000+ product owners - and I am not trying to be part of the Customer Service department.

But as I see things that don't look right and as my time allows, I do pass a few things up the chain and I am happy to do so. Heartland customers are the best and I want to be the best for them.

Opinions vary as do experiences, but I feel Heartland tries harder to take care of the customer than a lot of manufacturers out there. Some of you already know this to be true and some have yet to have to find out. And being realistic, still others have had an experience that was less than desirable. To them, I apologize. I wish we could 100% satisfy all product owners. Sadly, we cannot. But we try hard :)

Happy camping Heartlanders and do your best to make it to at least 1 rally in 2010 (see all rallies on the Portal here).

Jim

smday

Jay C
Great for you and enjoy the new tv. It's to bad CW doens't treat every customer like Heartland has.

Jim
You do a great job and that is greatly appreciated. With the approx 6000 members (and growing) of this fourm and a majority of them being owners. Why doesn't Heartland have a fulltime member go through this fourm and get back to the customers with some response's instead of you always making that call when we can't get things done with our dealer's. Not saying they should be the first one to call but atleast they can start to find out who there troubled dealer's are out there that do not have the same passion for their customers as Heartland does and then do something about it.

jbeletti

Why doesn't Heartland have a fulltime member go through this fourm and get back to the customers with some response's instead of you always making that call when we can't get things done with our dealer's.

Hi Scott and Everyone,

The Owners Forum is primarily for owner to owner communication. Owners who require factory support really need to phone Customer Service. We don't want this forum to replace that.

In terms of seeing trends in service issues, Heartland has many data inputs:

• Dealer service departments
  • Customers via our Customer Service Department
  • Metrics via our AX system based on repair codes submitted by service departments
  • Brand Managers via customers at trade shows and dealer visits
  • Regional Sales Reps via customers at trade shows and dealer visits
  • Me via this and other forums
Same goes for ideas on new products. Heartland only wants to build what customers want to buy. So we do our best to listen intently, then try to hit the mark at the same time, hitting a competitive retail price point.

Can we do better / is there room to improve? No doubt - yes! Thank you everyone for your ideas and never be afraid to use the forum for what it is here for, at the same time, remembering what it is not here for.

Also, the Brand Managers all get copies of posts to the Design Ideas forums. I know there are great mods and ideas all over the forum but if you ever wanted to make sure a Brand Manager gets your "Design Idea" as a running line change or new model year change, make sure to post that in the Design Ideas forum for your brand.

Scott - thanks for bringing this up and allowing me to address it for everyone.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Post 5,001 for Jim, what a milestone. How many keyboards did you burn up in all those posts? LOL Bet you fingertips are numb too. LOL

jbeletti

Well, I haven't worn one out, but I have worn off the key caps :)

Take a look at the attachment to see the keyboard of my primary computer. The E, T, A, S, C, N and left-SHIFT keys caps are worn to the point you can barely read them. Good thing my fingers know where they are :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 25