Rear bumper rack

I would like to build a rack, or attach one somehow to the rear bumper on my 3250ts to carry my generator and fuel. The weight of the rack, generator, and fuel will be 500 lbs or less. Can you tell me if the rear bumper supports that are welded to the frame will support this? Other manufactures seem to be adding hithes to their rear bumpers, but I cannot find anything on the Heartland on this subject at all.

B

bwwalczak

Good question.

I am assuming that you have a 2010 Big Country model or before. If so, our frame supplier has put special "constraints" on how much weight is placed on the rear bumper. The detailed policy from our frame suppier states that any weight added to the rear bumper will void the frame warranty, however many customers do add items on the rear bumper.

Keep in mind, any weight on the rear bumper will effect the hitch weight of the trailer, which can effect towable handling.

The best rule here is to keep any additions in moderation.

daddio689

Generator rack

I installed a hitch, rack, and built a box for my Yamaha 3000, I think it weighs about 250 lbs. I put it on the back of my Cougar 5th wheeler. The problem is that it bounces around a lot and makes me very nervous. I bought all my gear at E-Trailer, they even have light kits that fit some of there trailers. Good Luck