Water Line in Basement...Hooked to Nothing...SOLVED

SilverRhino

A couple of days ago I submitted the following post:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=13089

I had found a water line that was not connected to anything in the basement of our BC. Looking the system over......I thought I knew how to correct the problem. Just in case.....I turned to the forum and it's great members!

Of course I had a response from another member almost immediately! Within 12 hours I was also contacted by Jim Beletti, Dave Jones and Steve Kennel from Heartland.

The repair is rather simple and awaiting parts. While reviewing my water system.....I put together a diagram to help me understand just what goes on in that basement.

I produced a pdf file of the diagram that might be of interest or even help someone else.

Travel Safe!

Attachments

• BC Plumbing Diagram.pdf
    207.2 KB · Views: 194

truknutt

Committed Member
Real nice job Randy! I'm sure most, if not all, the fivers are pretty close.

I have one question...Follow the city water circuit from input..How does city water get to the hot water heater without passing through the water pump? Is there a tee missing?

This is your diagram...am I blind and can't see it??

SilverRhino

Real nice job Randy! I'm sure most, if not all, the fivers are pretty close.

I have one question...Follow the city water circuit from input..How does city water get to the hot water heater without passing through the water pump? Is there a tee missing?

This is your diagram...am I blind and can't see it??

On the diagram.....to the right of the pump there are two tee fittings. The arrow between those two fittings should show water flowing both ways. When city water is being used....pressure to the back side of pump.....cold to water heater and coach. When pump is being used the reverse happens.

Does that make more sense??

truknutt

Committed Member
On the diagram.....to the right of the pump there are two tee fittings. The arrow between those two fittings should show water flowing both ways. When city water is being used....pressure to the back side of pump.....cold to water heater and coach. When pump is being used the reverse happens.

Does that make more sense??

Ah, that's what I assumed; either it flowed out of tee #1 up (on the diagram) into tee #2 or there was a tee missing somewhere else in the circuit.

As I said before, very nice diagram and thanks for your efforts. ;)

loafer

Randy
Great job you have done up a clear and concise drawing of the water system.
Maybe Heartland will hire you, I think you could help their engineering department .
Regards
Bill