Tires

Bernie55

Can anyone tell me how much tire temperature will rise from 60 to 70 mph ??? I have Misson tires on my 09 Sundance...Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Bernie55,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here, with lots of information and all willing to share.

I did move your post to a better area for responses to your question. If you would do a search on the forum you will find lots of information about tires.

Someone will jump in here and share their info with you soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jpmorgan37

Bernie;

I carry a hand held pyrometer with me. A lot will depend on the ambient temperature. I have seen the temperature vary by 20 degrees from the sunny side of the rv to the shady side of the rv driving down the road. In the summer in Texas when the ambient temperature was over 100 degrees, the tire temp was in excess of 120 and my tire pressure had increased from 110 to 132. On the other end of the spectrum, travelling in temps close to freezing, my tire temp seldom reached 60 degrees.

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The Mission ST Tires are speed rated up to 65mph. If you increase the speed and heat you might have a problem with tread seperation. By reading this forum you will find that a lot of Mission, Freestar and others tore up the sides of many trailer.

Best bet would be to bite the bullet and get some Michelin XP Ribs. Save the problems and stress.

That is what I did...
BC

lwmcguir

I prefer the Goodyear G614 after many years of experience for trailer tires. Have several Chinese tires that are still running but they are all dually trailer mounts so they don't see the speed and heat as the post notes.

Have blown out many Michelin's on trailers but have had good luck with the XPS E series on the TV.

Travel many back roads that are gravel and dirt so that is a factor.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Can anyone tell me how much tire temperature will rise from 60 to 70 mph ??? I have Misson tires on my 09 Sundance...Thanks

My guess is about 5 degrees. We ran the factory (+ balanced) Mission tires through Needles Ca. this summer with 116 deg outside temps with no problems. My tire temp was 160 deg. at 60 mph.
I decided I was lucky and sence replaced the Factory Missions with 16" wheels and the E rated Maxxis Tire.

Retired CPO

:eek:Well here is a Chinese Mission at 70 MPH. Saw this one live at Elkheart when the owner drove in, couldn't resist Taking a photo of it for you folks who have not switched to Goodyear G614's yet. It's your family your towing around !!!.

Attachments

• RV stuff 006.jpg
    RV stuff 006.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34
  • RV stuff 007.jpg
    RV stuff 007.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • RV stuff 008.jpg
    RV stuff 008.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
  • RV stuff 009.jpg
    RV stuff 009.jpg